Is it here yet?

/ Is it here yet? #1  

have_blue

Veteran Member
Tractor
L4400
My dealer is supposed to deliver my stuff (see sig below) at 10am. Well, I got up at 3am and checked, and it's stll not here! I checked several times after that...still not here. I even looked down the road, and listened. Nothing. When will it be here? WHEN?? /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

In my experience, men never get this anxious about equipment. They only get this anxious about women and toys.

Toys toys toys...is that what CUTs really are?

Almost 9am. Had 2 pots of coffee this morning. Going outside to check yet again. Guess what? It's STILL not here!

I'm really going tp give my dealer the business when he gets here. I might be tempted to noogie his head. Surely he wouldn't wait until 10am to bring my toys!?!?

/ Is it here yet? #2  
In the old days the Injuns would put their ear to the rail. . . have you tried that yet?

/ Is it here yet?
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( In the old days the Injuns would put their ear to the rail. . . have you tried that yet? )</font>

No.

Too busy watching the horizon for smoke.

Wait! Phone call! Dealer is on his way!

/ Is it here yet? #5  
We aren't going to get an answer for several more hours - he's out there having too much fun!

/ Is it here yet? #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( he's out there having too much fun!)</font>

I think you're right, Don. Maybe he should change his user name to "Have_Blue Will Travel." Right now he's probably crossed into Mississippi and heading for Alabama. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Is it here yet?
Well, it's here. I hate to be a sick-in-the-mud, but I already have "issues" with my new machine.

I looked it over and drove it a little yesterday, and my first impressions are not all favorable. Disappointments are too numerous to list here, but a few lowlights are: Noise, vibration, pedals in the wrong place, clutch action is just plain ratty, gearshift is very balky, range lever hard to shift.

The 16LA loader is like nothing I have ever seen. The bucket rests way out in front of the front tires, and it's hard to see what's going on way out there. The 72" bucket struck capacity is the same as Woods 60" bucket. Roll back is short, float seems too high for spreading dirt. Prospects for back dragging look poor. Visibility is poor compared to my previous loader, which tucked neatly just in front of the front wheels. I can see that skimming dirt on unlevel ground won't work well. When the front wheels hit a slight dip, the loader will dig in deeply. The bucket is, shall we say, "homeowner's quality" compared to Woods or Bush Hog.

Some of this stuff is my fault. I did lots of assuming, because I had to make some hasty decisions after the deal was struck. I could have checked the specs closer, but admittedly didn't. Some of this stuff I will get used to, and perhaps come to like. Some of it will never work.

Maybe more coffee will help improve my outlook.

/ Is it here yet? #8  
Jeez Blue... give that tool a chance... Your adrenalin is running faster than your RPM..
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( bucket rests way out in front of the front tires, and it's hard to see what's going on way out there. )</font>

Well, go look at some of the other brands and you'll see that the tc35 has one of the tallest seats and sloped hood out there. Just by the way the beast is designed, FELs aren't made to look in the bottom of the bucket. After a little play time you'll learn the nuances of the FEL and will be able to feel the bucket/float/roll.

Did you get the HD bucket and not the STD I hope? Much stronger. If your digging in then your not "floating" the bucket.

There's no doubt in my head that you'll like the <font color="blue"> tc35 </font> soon enough and will soon be posting raves about how much fun you've had with it. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

gary

/ Is it here yet?
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Jeez Blue... give that tool a chance... Your adrenalin is running faster than your RPM...)</font>

Hmmm..."jeez blue". Hope that name don't stick! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Well, thanks for the nice words Gary.

I was naively thinking the TC35 would be a scaled up TC29, but unfortunately it's not. As demanding as I am, the TC29 was nearly faultless.

/ Is it here yet? #10  
Have_blue, I'm glad your tractor has arrived and I'm sorry it's not everything you expected. These tractors do take some getting used to, but some of the things you mentioned are hard to quantify. By noise, do you mean engine noise and vibration? Which pedal is in the wrong place? Do you mean too close or far away or placement left and right. By saying the gearshift is balky do you mean it's hard to engage or the operation is too stiff? I'm just not clear on what "ratty" clutch action is. That one really has me baffled. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Your 72" bucket is 12" wider than a Woods 60" bucket. Capacity isn't everything. If you get your bucket full, you will find it's sized very well to the tractor. I think you will like it as time goes on because of the extra width. I'm also not sure what you mean about the float being high. The bucket floats anytime you move the joystick forward into the float position. The bucket settles to the ground, wherever that is. Isn't that right?

Again, I'm sorry you aren't happy with the tractor. It's surely larger than your TC29, and I hope it's just an adjustment you have to make. If I may ask, why were you in such a hurry tht you didn't demo the tractor more at the dealer? I thought you would love the tractor and I'm quite surprised and a little disappointed. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif As much as these tractors cost, you need to be happy with them for sure. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif