Is it here yet?

/ Is it here yet?
OverlRun,

My bucket rests over an inch above the ground in the full down and rolled back position. Maybe my tire pressure is causing that. I better check it. Yea, I can back grade, but only heaps of fluffy dirt. Back blading is fine. Front pushing / packing is impossible, and I miss that. Oh well, it's probably not good for the loader anyway.

I'm used to my bucket being tucked in right in front of my wheels, and being able to see out front. The 16LA bucket blocks my vision anywhere near the tractor. I must stand up and crane my neck or look 30 feet out front to see where I'm going. It will definitely take some getting used to. I suppose I used my old one too long and got too efficient with it.

/ Is it here yet? #22  
Are all heavy duty buckets pre-drilled for toothbars?

/ Is it here yet? #23  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Are all heavy duty buckets pre-drilled for toothbars? )</font>

All NH Class III HD buckets are. It makes an easy installation if the toothbar is made to fit. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif If not, I guess you could end up having to drill another hole. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Is it here yet? #24  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( My bucket rests over an inch above the ground in the full down and rolled back position )</font>

I just got an idea that might be the solution to your problem. The upright mounting for the loader arms has two positions for mounting the lift hydraulic cylinders. If your dealer installed yours in the wrong place, you would be able to go slightly higher with your bucket, but it would not go as low as it's supposed to go. The 17LA mounts in the most forward holes and the 16LA mounts in the back ones, I think. Check my picture of my loader below and see if yours is mounted the same way. I can put my bucket on the ground easily with it curled all the way up. There just has to be a reason you can't do that. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Loader mounting

I attached a better photo than the URL above. Check it out.

Attachments

• 330164-16mount.jpg
    330164-16mount.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 136
   / Is it here yet?
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I attached a better photo than the URL above. Check it out. )</font>

Ah. Sort of the middle hole.

I'll check it out as soon as I go to the barn. Thanks for the pics Jim. Truly appreciated.

Hey, I'm learning to heap my bucket, but I'm still gouging way too much. Right now I'm blaming the loader for placing the bucket too far in front of the wheels. This problem may also improve with time.

If you ever need experienced help with a catfish fry over your way, give me a holler. I'm a true expert at eating catfish. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Is it here yet? #26  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Ah. Sort of the middle hole. )</font>

Actually the most rearward hole you see in the picture is the one the large pin goes through to attach the arm to the upright receptacle on the tractor. There are only two holes for the loader arms to mount into. I checked my owners manual last night and although it doesn't specifically say the front hole is for the 17LA only, the illustrations of the two loaders show the correct mounting for each loader. You just gotta' know where to look. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

If you can't lower your bucket so the bottom is level, I know why you are gouging with it.

/ Is it here yet? #27  
Does this picture help?
Mark

Attachments

• 330419-extrahole.JPG
    330419-extrahole.JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 135
   / Is it here yet?
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Does this picture help?
Mark )</font>

No, the darn thing still gouges. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

All seriousness aside, thanks for the pic. (and thanks again to Jim)

My strut end is in the correct hole. I didn't check the tires yet. Low rear pressure and high front pressure could make a huge difference when the bucket is not quite low enough. See, with the 16LA design with the bucket way up front, a little change makes a big difference at the tip of the bucket. I'll get it going. I can be very resourceful when I set my mind to it.

Right now I have bigger fish to fry. I have a small but growing hydraulic leak in one of the FEL hose connections, and it's going to be hell to find. Also my joystick has lost its mind. It gets stuck, and this makes it nearly impossible to use.

Thanks again fellas.

/ Is it here yet? #29  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I have a small but growing hydraulic leak in one of the FEL hose connections, and it's going to be hell to find. Also my joystick has lost its mind. It gets stuck, and this makes it nearly impossible to use. )</font>

If it's in the quick-connects, it might be easier to find with the loader removed. That's a challenge to most folks the first time you do it, but the owner's manual is pretty good. I put a detailed step-by-step procedure post with pictures here once, but I'll have to go find it and give you a link. The joystick will probably loosen up with a little lube. I lift my boot and spray white lithium grease on my pivots and mine has never been sticky.

I'm still baffled about your loader. Was your tractor delivered "loader ready" from the factory or did your dealer do the entire installation? Like you said, a little geometry error can be multiplied a bunch with the bucket so far out front.

Detach/Attach 16LA

/ Is it here yet?
Don't really know, but I suspect the dealer did the whole thing.

I'll let my dealer do it, since he has to come and install my grill guard, replace some damaged hood parts, and fix my lights anyway. He did mention that he had a leak after installation and had to remove the loader to get at it.

The joy stick not only sticks, but travels way beyond the stops. I could use it if I had to, but prefer not to use it like it is.