tn55 not much fuel out of injector??

/ tn55 not much fuel out of injector?? #1  

maplehillfrm

I have a question on my tn55 , I have fuel coming to the injection pump, and out of #2 fuel port on exit of pump, but it is only coming out as a slow flow, almost the same as from the lift pump. I have had a few mechs look at it ,and they are all saying that teh pump is pretty much bullet proof, I had the injectors tested and cleaned, any ideas out there? I say it points to the pump, but I dont want to throw $$ if it aint needed,, thanks,, scratching my head with responses that say it cant be the pump.. I appreciate any suggestions,

/ tn55 not much fuel out of injector??
Fueltanktap blocked or filter blocked ....cheapest things first .
thanks guys, I should have been clearer, I have tried most of that stuff, some twice, haha,, I have great fuel coming to the lift pump [now] and to the entry side of the injector pump, out the exit side up to injectors not so much, I have replaced the lift pump, [it was weak], new filters, new lines from tank to the the pump, drained and taken out the tank to clean thoroughly, new pickup tube, checked and cleaned injectors, ,, I even tried starting with ether ,and never caught to run on its own, thanks again,, I am willing to try anything else , or again, at this point,

/ tn55 not much fuel out of injector?? #5  
How much fuel flow would you expect from injector line? Your tractor has fuel consumption 0.9 gal/hour per cylinder at maximum output at 2300 rpm. That is about 138000 revolutions per hour. Since it injects every other revolution that is 69000 injections. Then divide 0.9 gal by 69000 to get volume per single injection. That is 0.000013 gal per injection. You see that it is not that much fuel. Your injection pump might be OK. There are many things you can test before you spend money on parts. If the fuel lines, filters are OK then check the stop solenoid, glow plugs and if there is also mechanical kill thing check what position is it in. You can have the pump tested at a diesel shop too. You can check compression etc.
To get better answer you need to tell us more about the symptoms. Did it stop suddenly or did it got progressively worse? How many hours are on the engine? What is the temperature when you try to start the engine? And this sort of things.

/ tn55 not much fuel out of injector?? #6  
That pump is bullet proof IF your fuel is kept clean AND you don't wash it off with cold water when it is hot. That last part is the most common failure of an injection pump that I have seen and applies any injection pump, but the newer pumps are more sensitive to both conditions.
Agree with Redneck and others though, does it not start? Is it underpowered?

/ tn55 not much fuel out of injector?? #7  
Additionally, there's not much that goes wrong with any rotary style injection pump that affects fuel delivery at only one cylinder.

How much fuel flow would you expect from injector line? Your tractor has fuel consumption 0.9 gal/hour per cylinder at maximum output at 2300 rpm. That is about 138000 revolutions per hour. Since it injects every other revolution that is 69000 injections. Then divide 0.9 gal by 69000 to get volume per single injection. That is 0.000013 gal per injection. You see that it is not that much fuel. Your injection pump might be OK. There are many things you can test before you spend money on parts. If the fuel lines, filters are OK then check the stop solenoid, glow plugs and if there is also mechanical kill thing check what position is it in. You can have the pump tested at a diesel shop too. You can check compression etc.
To get better answer you need to tell us more about the symptoms. Did it stop suddenly or did it got progressively worse? How many hours are on the engine? What is the temperature when you try to start the engine? And this sort of things.

I would expect enough fuel out of each injector pipe to see wouldnt I?,, I know when it was running good, after changing fuel filter or whatnot, I could bleed the lines and get a spray of fuel, now I dont get that spray it is just a flow,--- this started not starting at all during the winter, so I assumed gelled or frozen fuel. but it started a few months prior to that needing a small whiff of ether once in a while to start in the morning, but would continue to start on its own during the day, almost like it would lose prime over night,,, a bout a week before it quit starting at all, it would need a little whiff of ether at anytime, whether warm or not,,,

I know I keep jumping around and I appologize, it was wintertime when it decided to not start anymore, that is when I thought gelled / frozen fuel, I changed the filter, added 911, and put the salamander under it,, never has started since that. It always had power before dying, so once I got the tractor way up to temp in the barn, and got slow flow to the filter, I didnt get good flow to teh lift pump, so I changed the fuel lines from teh tank, to the filter, and then got fuel to the filter, and not much pressure from teh lift pump, so I bought a new one, then i got it past the lift pump to the injector pump, but never made it to the injectors,I disconnected all the lines,a nd got just a slow flow out of the back of the pump, on #2 line, If I hooked up the lines again, i could get a slow flow from #2 injector line up top, but none through the others,

now, I ended up calling a newholland mech, and he came over and we checked things out, the fuel solenoid is working , [which I checked prior as well] , he got fuel to the same areas I did,, he ended up calling the local injector rebuild shop, and was informed , that if one of the injectors where bad it would not make fule at the pump..[ I never heard of this but, ] so I removed the injectors had them checked, they were a bit weak, but he clean3ed them ,a nd said they were about 80-90%, nad should be good enough to fire off,, well I installed them, and same thing,,, and here I am back at square one, so now warm weather, and the same results,, I hope that is helpful to an extent??.. thanks pat--- btw 1800 hrs on the engine

Additionally, there's not much that goes wrong with any rotary style injection pump that affects fuel delivery at only one cylinder.

wondering why I would only get fuel coming out of one injector outlet?

That pump is bullet proof IF your fuel is kept clean AND you don't wash it off with cold water when it is hot. That last part is the most common failure of an injection pump that I have seen and applies any injection pump, but the newer pumps are more sensitive to both conditions.
Agree with Redneck and others though, does it not start? Is it underpowered?

do you mean literally washing the tractor with cold water when hot?,, I dont remember the last time I washed the tractor so that is out, the fuel is as clean as it comes from the station,, some trace amounts of water once in a while, but never much debris,dirt or other material, in teh filter,, does not start at all now, no smoke, or smell of wanting to start, I do not recall if it was under powered or made and peculiar color smoke the day before it stopped working,