Brake fliud leak on a TN65

/ Brake fliud leak on a TN65 #1  

RHughes

Silver Member
Tractor
New Holland TN65
About a week ago I noticed the brake fluid warning light flickered on when I have my tractor pointed up hill. I checked the fluid and sure enough it was down to the MIN point.
I can't find any major leaks but it appears that there is a slow seep somewhere on the master cylinders; probably been there unnoticed for a while. There are several small fittings and sensors on those cylinders and I don't want to "horsing" down on something with wrench and ruin threads or worse.

Has anyone else experience this on the TN series? If so what was the cure? (Other that the obvious of just adding a little fluid every 75 hrs or so /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif )

/ Brake fliud leak on a TN65 #2  
My TN65 had a brake fluid leak, it was leaking around the hose clamps attaching to the reservoir, they appeard tight, but when I cranked down on them the leaking stopped.

/ Brake fliud leak on a TN65
After posting to the group I made a closer inspection of the lines and reservoir; topped off the fluid, cleaned and dried the master cylinder, fittings, etc. then spent a couple of hours bush hogging.

Sure enough I found some nice new brake fluid on the fittings when I finished. I think my leak (more of a slow seep, really) is coming from the sensor fitting on top of the master cylinder. (I guess this is a pressure switch of sorts for the brake lights and trailer connection.)
I thought about just replacing the fitting myself (for convenience) but I'll probably call the dealer and have them fix it under warranty.
The last thing I want to do is step on the brake one day and have that little plastic switch blow out of the fitting.
I'm sure the streak I would cuss would be bluer than the tractor /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif