Jack from CHINA tractor factory, say hello to everyone here

/ Jack from CHINA tractor factory, say hello to everyone here #241  
ok. so post pictures of your tractor and what you do with it. is this your primary web surfing forum or do you ppost on other forums. just curious because I don't see you posting on this site other than your new member thread. don't see an interest in what the site is about. it would be like bird registering on a knitting forum and talking about how the water content is in his water well
I kind of like the little guy , why the paranoia ? Kind of easy to sit here and play big gun ain't it ?

/ Jack from CHINA tractor factory, say hello to everyone here #242  
Mike,
I think you're absolutely right about Jack posting more pictures. Why? Because we'd like to see Chinese tractors in action. What we don't know is if Jack is restricted, maybe very limited bandwidth to work in. This isn't North Korea but maybe some bureaucrat or politician thinks it's best to keep the West blind to their ways. Which is dumb.

Farming unites the world. It's done worldwide, has to be done worldwide, or we would starve. So that sure binds us all together. And Jack is part of the food chain support system in his country that helps to keep the real food chain working. If his company's part in that food chain is to build plows and cultivators that get millions of farmers a chance to set their oxen free..., and let machinery do the backbreaking work. Now Jack's company is an implement company, so he isn't likely a tractor insider there, but I'll sure bet he's every
bit a tractor enthusiast as we are. On a much more limited budget. And working hard to support those two lovely twin daughters he is blessed with.
So yeah Kevin, I kind of like the guy too...

Not only has Jack been polite and deferential, but didn't get all defensive when we rightfully pointed out to him the reality
of what we consider market fair play, and told us he agreed and so did his boss. I think most farm implements would be fairly easy to duplicate.
Nice word for copy. The materials used in most implements were around long before patent law, and were shaped in the town smith's forge.
So I think there has to be a little intellectual grandfathering here for relatively simple tools.
And I think that Jack's line of farming equipment are likely to be relatively simple tools for farming.

Food for thought.

/ Jack from CHINA tractor factory, say hello to everyone here #243  
Good Post Drew, I agree. I have been there about 6 times - total of 3 months in China and they are extremely hard working people.

The demand in their own country for automation, machines, and basic food production is very high, and the successful companies there build for the internal market, which is evolving into the mechanized age as incomes start to filter down to the farmer/agricultural industry.

They have a lot of people to support and industrial products have been in the forefront for 20 years which has made a large consumer base, and people are brought from the farms/local communities to build industry now they need to look elsewhere for wheat, corn, oil and so on.

China is/was like the US in the 1910-20's when factories here were bringing in people from around the world and created communities nearly overnight to build products. There were farmers here too, lightly mechanized, but then the demand of these cities and people in factories eventually led to better and more efficient farming with a lot of local farms supporting towns, then corporations bought the little farmers or the farmers joined a Co-op to compete and started the evolution to the way we farm and grow food today.

Interestingly, "organic farms" in the 60's and 70's had limited success, and then in the last 10 years everyone wants to be "organic and locally grown".

We have gone full circle in 100 years such that the small farmer can again coexist with the corporate entities and be profitable, but it takes time and evolution of the consumer population at the end of the day.

/ Jack from CHINA tractor factory, say hello to everyone here #244  
Hi jak

I don't post on here much but I notced a lot of people from all over the whole world on here in the past few weeks. I just saw someone from afghanistan on here.

/ Jack from CHINA tractor factory, say hello to everyone here #245  
Drew,

I believe that roofing material is a recycled rubber if I recall from when I was in China - it resembles tires cut up and overlaid on one another.

Jack will be back - and answer for sure.

Carl

wow, interesting. Well, as a past active volunteer fireman, my reaction is boy would you see a house on fire pretty easily with all that black smoke pouring out.
Of course once a fire has ventilated through the roof, the house is pretty much toast anyway so roofing material might not be a big factor.
I wonder what the R value is of that rubber roof?

Jack, as the truckers here used to say on their CB radios, "c'mon back Jack"

/ Jack from CHINA tractor factory, say hello to everyone here #246  
hi jack. my dad is with me reading this and he said he has a friend in china. where in china do you live. his name is won han lo. do you or your friend know him. ill tell my dad you may know him so he can anxiously wait. very nice kids. china makes my xbox I think, do you play much or your kids

/ Jack from CHINA tractor factory, say hello to everyone here #247  
hello jack from china tractor factory. im Charlie from chocolate factory

/ Jack from CHINA tractor factory, say hello to everyone here #248  
Thanks, Dan! Now that I've had a morning laugh, want to clean the coffee off of my laptop? :laughing:

/ Jack from CHINA tractor factory, say hello to everyone here #249  
What does a computer keyboard look like in china?

/ Jack from CHINA tractor factory, say hello to everyone here
Hi Jack,
your picture was great to see. I have a question about the building roofs in the background of the picture.
What is the roofing material? I don't recognize it. Just curious. Thanks Drew

Hi, it's one kind of brick. 1.jpg made of soil and burn it into brick.

Last edited: