posting lessons

/ posting lessons #1  

4105deere

Tractor
JD 4105
Been looking thru tbn since mid 09. Only posted once, not real quick on a computer, no levers or hydraulics. Most of the info I want can be found in existing threads with a search. Lately I've wanted to post more replies and pics. Is this the best section to learn the how to's.

Also I've seen where others have test posted here so I guess thats ok? Just don't want to turn a thread on "building a log splitter" into a lesson on posting a pic or dragging a quote from an earlier reply. Site has tons of info and I love it.

/ posting lessons
How do I insert someones previous post into my reply as a quote?

/ posting lessons #4  
How do I insert someones previous post into my reply as a quote?
Like this^^^^?

If so, then click the "quote" button in the bottom right corner of the post you want to quote.

Welcome to TBN:D

/ posting lessons #6  
Also, if you quote someone, you can edit what is in the "quoted" area just to make a certain point (or highlight it in color, bold, or larger font). If you need help, just ask.

/ posting lessons
Also, if you quote someone, you can edit what is in the "quoted" area just to make a certain point (or highlight it in color, bold, or larger font). If you need help, just ask.

See if practice helps.

Attachments

• 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    549.9 KB · Views: 75
   / posting lessons
Ok that seems to work. I just pulled the pic straight from my pictures file on the computer and didn't do any of the resizing or photobucket and it seems ok. There doesn't seem to be a personal gallery to store your pictures on this site. Is this correct? Past my bed time, I'll check back tomorrow.

Thanks for the welcome and the help. When I get set up I have a hydro project for my cut that I'll post.

/ posting lessons #9  
....There doesn't seem to be a personal gallery to store your pictures on this site. Is this correct?

Nope, you must have missed it. Go to the top of this page and click on <Main Index>, then scroll almost to the bottom and find the Photos heading. Or click here .... Photos - TractorByNet.com :) . Although for general posting of photos, it seems to be preferred to use an offsite photo hosting service like Photobucket or similar and then post a link to them using the "Manage attachments" function.

/ posting lessons #10  
I never use the personal gallery... but I went to the link above and it seems to work. Click where the green underline is. Also, under "My Home" I can look at all the photos that I've posted in the past.

Also, for the record, I really don't like offsite photo hosting service like Photobucket... since you can find plenty of dead links on TBN where people use them and for whatever reason, the photos get deleted or the account is closed and you lose the photos. Best to forever store the photos on TBN.