Fix This site so it works with a MAC or go back

/ Fix This site so it works with a MAC or go back #1  

Von

Veteran Member, Advertiser
Tractor
Kubota B2710
I'm sorry if I sound mad /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif But I can't understand why this site won't work with a MAC when the old one did. I can't read a post in Netscape in flat mode because of overlap. And it won't even open in IE without crashing. This is on two different MAC's on different servers. Come on Muhammad have mercy on us poor MAC folk /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Fix This site so it works with a MAC or go back #2  
I've been working on it... we changed a lot of minor things and I got a report back from Harv (who also uses a mac) that it is working better than ever on his setup, and not locking up. Right now we seem to have two people reporting problem-free browsing/posting on mac, and two with this lockup problem.

Why don't you post your mac OS and browser combo so we can compare.

Our problem is we don't have a mac to test on, so what we have done is change some code that we suspected might be the problem.

Also, are you going to the index.php URL directly or using an old bookmark/link that uses the forward from the old URL?

/ Fix This site so it works with a MAC or go back
Re: Fix This site so it works with a MAC or go bac

Muhammad,
I am using OS9.2 with IE5 and Netscape 6.1. I have roadrunner cable hook-up at home and a DSL line at work.

/ Fix This site so it works with a MAC or go back #4  
Von -

Sorry to hear that Muhammad's recent fixes didn't clear things up for you. I'm running older hardware and software than you are, and TBN is rock solid for me now, crash-wise and link-wise, with only minor display problems here and there (I don't get the overlap you're experiencing). I guess it's sort of perversely ironic that it isn't working better on your more current system. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Keep in mind that we are a microscopic minority here (a small fraction of a percent), so it makes sense that this site, or most any site, is geared primarily towards that "other" crowd. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

The fact that Muhammad has spent as much time as he has trying to accommodate us precious few strikes me as going way above and beyond the call of duty, and it sounds like he hasn't given up yet.

I appreciate your frustration, not being able to enjoy TBN as easily as you did a few days ago, but I don't get the feeling you are being ignored. Not by a long shot. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Fix This site so it works with a MAC or go back #5  

Muhammad: I reported earlier that my Mac running OS-X and IE 5.1 was working great. I read where Von is still having problems with the new formatting, so I fired up my old Mac using OS-7.5 and netscape 3.1 and have to report that it's running fine also, just slower because of a 28K modem. Good Job with TBN. I've recommended this site to many friends. ...RayBee /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Fix This site so it works with a MAC or go back

RayBee,
Can you try IE on either of your two MAC's? That is where I am having the real problems! /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Fix This site so it works with a MAC or go back #7  

He said...

<font color="blue">I reported earlier that my Mac running OS-X and IE 5.1 was working great.</font>

/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Fix This site so it works with a MAC or go back #8  

Von: ....I tried IE-5.1 on my laptop, it works as it did before the new TBN
formatting. Maybe you can try a new browser altogether to see if it will cooperate
with TBN. Also, you might try looking at the preferences for your current
browser and change some options to see if that helps? One final suggestion
is to try a diff. version of IE. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Good Luck ...RayBee /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Fix This site so it works with a MAC or go back #9  

Looks like I better get the old Power Mac 6100 out and going. Dang I miss that computer. So easy and simple to do all my own troubleshooting. Running OS 8.6 as I recall and IE 5.1. It still runs beautifully out in my shop. Rat...

/ Fix This site so it works with a MAC or go back #10  

Rat: ...... " Dang I miss that computer".

What are you using now? & Why? ...RayBee

Have you switched to a PC? :grin: