Fix This site so it works with a MAC or go back

/ Fix This site so it works with a MAC or go back #11  
Re: Fix This site so it works with a MAC or go bac

I use my wifes computer. Since moving and now living in a mobile home, we hardly have room for a wastebasket. The shop is bigger then the house. I also have a PC laptop that I need to program the Vantage lighting systems I install. The Mac is still my favorite platform. Rat...

/ Fix This site so it works with a MAC or go back #12  
I have a
Mac 8600/300
Mac OS 8.6
Netscape 4.73
IE 5.0
Bell atlantic DSL

Netscape is now running well but I did have problems with the labels (main index etc) not pointing to the right places. I couldn't get to private messages at all for a while even though the flag was flashing.

I just tried IE and it crashed every time I tried to leave the main page for the discussions.

I would ask if anyone knows someone at Apple to get Muhammad a Mac but it seems to me that Macs are getting squirlier each time the make them better. Guess thay are thinking differently.

Chris

/ Fix This site so it works with a MAC or go back #13  
I have been dabbling on a family members Mac with Jaguar or 10.2 and it is just the opposite, not squirrly to be sure. It seems to be quite stable. I have yet to have it need the equivalent of Ctrl+Alt+Del that both my Dell and Sony VAIO get once a week or so. It's been a little bit of a learning curve trying this entirely new interface and my time trying it has been limited to just a few days. My first impression was that I was learning a whole new system, in the end, it all came back. I have not used my old Mac 6100 now for about 3 years. It was a real joy trying out the new one, Rat...

P.S. I always had better luck with IE then Netscape, quite the opposite of your experience.

/ Fix This site so it works with a MAC or go back #14  
Whew, I'm having double the trouble with this site! :) Here at the farm it rarely works with my p1 w95 netscape 4.76 - I know that's all old tech, but on a 28k line max, it desn't pay to upgrade anything. I do _not_ like IE on this system, and Netscape is very flaky with several forums, including this one. I hope I get this message out be4 it locks up again.

Now, on the main computer at home, I have the exact same problem as Von. iMac, sys 9.2.2, IE 5.x, and IE stops running & goes to the desktop _every_ time I load the pxp file - whether trying the webmaster's direct link, or starting at the home page & clicking on the 'discussions' link. I try every few days, but never has worked with the new system.

It's frustrating, as I just found this site a week before the change, & it helped me so much I bought a 1720 - now can't access this place at all. I appreciate the efforts and all, but seems new technology on the web is just to lock people out & make them conform. I prefer message content & access, rather than cuter smiley faces & different text colors. From the day of the change, this is the first time I could access this place, and that's on 2 different systems using radically different software. How many other people are lost with no way to ask for help? But, I don't mean to be a whiner, this is a good site for those who have access to it. :)

--->Paul

/ Fix This site so it works with a MAC or go back #15  
Paul,
Sorry to hear of your frustrations. For what its worth, I use IE 5.5 on Windows 95 on a P133 and it works well.

I also use Windows 95 on a 486/33mhz laptop with IE 5.5. It also works well, except is ugly because it is a monochrome LCD screen.

I've found IE 5.5 to be very stable on Windows 95 and 98. Hope this helps.

/ Fix This site so it works with a MAC or go back #16  
If we're voting, my vote is don't go back. I love new technology, and websites must be periodically updated to keep up, or they will look stale. I also like having the latest software, which means upgrading and the pain that goes with it.

By the way, I have an old clunker as a spare. There are lots of programs I can't run on it. So I don't try and save the frustration. But I'd hate to miss this website. Maybe when they sell a tractor, they should offer a new pc as an option?

I know this doesn't help you, I just wanted to get my vote in. I suspect that this site will eventually become compatible with your set-up.

/ Fix This site so it works with a MAC or go back #17  
I first signed up and logged in January 30th 2003 to tractorbynet. I loved it and then just had to go on vacation. Could not wait to get back so I could log on. Gee, I got back and couldn't log on because they were updating the server. I was told it would be two more hours. Two hours became 4 and 4 became 6 if I remember. Anyway when I was able to log on, I said sick. I didn't like it. But you know, I do believe it is much better and would not want to go back. It is kind of like teaching an old dog new tricks. I am not much on computers but always love the task of learning. And by the way, is there a group for tractorsbynet Anonymous? I think I am addicted?

Murph

/ Fix This site so it works with a MAC or go back

Muhammad, Have you gotten any closer to figuring out what is wrong with the disscussions page when opened with a MAC? Or have you given up on us? I for one don't visit much anymore because of it. The site hardly works in Netscape 6.1 and is works better in 4.0 but is slow. It must be something simple as it worked before and CBN has no problems. So don't give up on us just yet! /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Fix This site so it works with a MAC or go back #19  

No, I haven't given up on it, but we really lack the ability to test it on a Mac, or to duplicate the problem. In the next couple days I'll try to put some more time into it.

Sorry for the inconvenience...

/ Fix This site so it works with a MAC or go back #20  

No problem duplicating the problem for me! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif As Von said, I noticed that the Country version works on the iMac.

I tried dumping my cookies from this site, but that didn't help either - think I got them all.

--->Paul