Inline Text Ads

/ Inline Text Ads
If you would like this disabled, please PM me. We can disable it on an account-by-account basis.

It's not working. I'm still seeing inline text ads.

/ Inline Text Ads #12  
I had that happen a couple of days ago when I had the words riding mower in the post. After I submitted the reply the words were highlighted blue and out of curiosity I clicked.

Took me to an ad for Cub Cadet - not really what was needed for a post dealing with JD Lawn Tractors.

EDIT: Similar thing in this post except CC was highlighted when first posted, but when I went in to do this edit the link disappeared.

/ Inline Text Ads #13  
If you would like this disabled, please PM me. We can disable it on an account-by-account basis.

Does this disable these annoyances for the person making the request, the person's posts, or both?

Actually, "annoyance" is an understatement - these ads are worse than an inconvenience. My primary complaint about such ads is they automatically and unknowingly insert themselves into user submitted content. This gives the appearance the poster is supporting/advertising the product - not the site owner. Frustrates me enough, that when I notice it happens to one of my posts - I'll go back and edit it, putting in an intentional misspelling on the word being used for the advertising link.

To be clear, I'm certainly not suggesting site owners shouldn't make $$ off their efforts. There are simply far better ways to do it. And, at the risk of being labeled an ungrateful TBN whiner - at one point in time, you agreed with the above sentiments.

Yeah, it looks like ad ware... we don't serve ads like that (they are called inline contextual ads) because I find them annoying. My guess is either a toolbar or straight up adware is causing it.

/ Inline Text Ads #14  
Would those better ways include popup ads for Trend-micro anti-virus software which just started appearing on my tablet. I will check but i have AV software and also Lookout security running on the tablet and nothing has ever got in before.

If this is the new norm for tablets then i will be here less often. I know that hurts no one but the ads and other commefcial overload on this forum are getting to be a little much.

/ Inline Text Ads #15  
The forum is using vigilink ads. When you click a link, it redirects to vigilink first and then takes you to where you really wanted to go.

If you install AdBlock Plus (browser plug in) you can disable those ads and things will work like normal again.

/ Inline Text Ads #16  
Would those better ways include popup ads for Trend-micro anti-virus software which just started appearing on my tablet. I will check but i have AV software and also Lookout security running on the tablet and nothing has ever got in before.

If this is the new norm for tablets then i will be here less often. I know that hurts no one but the ads and other commefcial overload on this forum are getting to be a little much.

The Trend micro ad is popping up on my tablet as well, it's unbelievably annoying. So far it only comes up when I use Google's Browser. I discovered it doesn't appear when I use the Dolphin browser.

/ Inline Text Ads #17  
It only appears on google chrome. In Firefox it doesn't seem to do the redirect. When I look at the source code of the page in chrome I see the Ad code but when I look at the source in Firefox I don't see it. Seems like it targets chrome. AdBlock took care of it after I added a rule for it.

/ Inline Text Ads #18  
It only appears on google chrome. In Firefox it doesn't seem to do the redirect. When I look at the source code of the page in chrome I see the Ad code but when I look at the source in Firefox I don't see it. Seems like it targets chrome. AdBlock took care of it after I added a rule for it.
Check your plugins on Chrome. My bet would be that there is a "plugin" which is adding the popup ads.

Aaron Z

/ Inline Text Ads #19  
Check your plugins on Chrome. My bet would be that there is a "plugin" which is adding the popup ads.

Aaron Z

No, I don't get those kinds of things.

/ Inline Text Ads #20  
Are you using the TBN app or just browsing using your tablet? Regardless we don't have any invasive trend micro ads running as far as I know.