Duplicate Posts

/ Duplicate Posts #22  
More, ~7 mins between these though:
Post 1: I Won't Tell -- Do You Always Get a Required Permit? - Page 7
Post 2: I Won't Tell -- Do You Always Get a Required Permit? - Page 7

Edit: This is post #4000 for me on TBN...

Aaron Z

AZ i think these were my fault. I did not get the pop up window, but i did not get a page reload and i remember hitting the back button and then hitting post again. Did not think it was 7 mins between them though? Think it was more of a computer hang up on my end?? But i did notice my dbl post followed soundguys dbl post!

/ Duplicate Posts #24  
AZ i think these were my fault. I did not get the pop up window, but i did not get a page reload and i remember hitting the back button and then hitting post again. Did not think it was 7 mins between them though? Think it was more of a computer hang up on my end?? But i did notice my dbl post followed soundguys dbl post!

Interesting. On the 7 minutes between posts, I was going off of the date in the top left corner, one was 07-17-2012, 12:47 PM and the other was 07-17-2012, 12:50 PM.

Aaron Z

/ Duplicate Posts #25  
i get about 1 per day where I will get a box saying 'ok to navigate away from this page' doing so makes for a double post usually.. :(

/ Duplicate Posts #27  
It has happened to me as well. Same warning message box. It seems as though nothing happened, but when you click submit again it posts the second copy. The first never shows up because the page is updated via AJAX instead of a full refresh. Once you hit refresh you see them both.

I'm guessing plenty of people never even know they are double posting because they don't hit refresh.

Is the double post code in JS or server side?

If it is JS, it is likely getting blocked by the messagebox code, which then cancels out when the person chooses "stay on page". It seems as though the "stay on page" JS warning is sometimes not getting bypassed when 'submit' is clicked, but only sometimes. As others have noted, it only occurs about 3-5% of the time for me as well.

/ Duplicate Posts #28  
Just got the popup to navigate away when i posted in another thread. It did not do anything when i hit "OK" but i noticed the round circle thing in IE was spinning meaning it was doing something. If i did not see that it did not look like anything was happening. I did not do anything, it took almost 2-3 mins for any refresh to happen and therefore no post was seen. Im guessing if i his the "post" button again i would of dbl posted. But i did not, i sat there like an Idiot for 3 mins just staring at it. But had i hit post it automatically goes to the thread showing you post, at least i think that is how its working?

/ Duplicate Posts #29  
Yep same thing, not every post but some.. I have been going back and deleting the duplicate post lately.

James K0UA

Same here. It only happens with some. I have also been just deleting the duplicate post.

Also I had one post double post after I edited it.

Chad