Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tractor
    '10 Kioti DK 40se/hst KL-401 FEL, loaded tires, KB-2485 bhoe, Tuffline TB160 boxblade, Woods QA forks, MIE Hydraulic bhoe thumb & ripper tooth, Igland 4001 winch, & GR-20 Log Grapple. Woods BBX72" Mower. Diamondplate aluminum canopy.

Default Re: Computer Rebate Ripp-off

Look carefully at all incoming mail too. They often make the check out of one piece of sealed toilet tissue which ends up making one think it is some solicitation instead of a check! They're hoping you tear it up or toss it so they can keep the money.
    2010 DK-40se/hst, Kioti KL-401 FEL, (with reversible Kioti cutting edge), 72" Ratchet Rake. Fit Rite Top-N-Tilt hydraulics & diverter valve. HLA Series 2000 7' snowplow, Aquiline MPC rear chains.

Scag Wildcat: Kawasaki 26HP, with bagger system. Dr. brush mower, & 42" lawn deck, Dr. self propelled, 6.5HP Trimmer mower. Pro-Mow 3 gang mower, no HP.

Bunch of STIHL chainsaws: 011x 2, MS192T, MS200T, MS180C, MS230, MS270 (Wood Boss), 038 Farmboss, '86 anniversary edition.

Tractor
    Kioti DK 40-Massey ferguson 135-Ventrac 4500 Diesel

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote machine View Post
    Look carefully at all incoming mail too. They often make the check out of one piece of sealed toilet tissue which ends up making one think it is some solicitation instead of a check! They're hoping you tear it up or toss it so they can keep the money.
    I was just thinking that so I am going thru some back channels at HP.
    Murph ------------

Tractor
    John Deere 3720

I have no problems with rebates. Staples takes quite a while to get and Menards has a quick accurate turnaround. For me, the problem with Menards is I get so much free stuff it's hard to keep track of. I have a hard time passing by a 100% rebate on 25' tape measures or levels or squares or tools. I would have to be 200 years old to use it all up.

I would suggest to photocopy every rebate sent in. I have a folder where every rebate goes in, and when i receive it I dutifully go into the file and pull it out when completed.
    JD 3720 with R4s
    X740

Tractor
    ShovelandBarrow

I never buy based on rebates, as I'm usually losing or forgetting to send it in. And if I do send one in, I'm liable to forget about it and never realize if I get hosed.
    ____
    Jay

Elite Member
    Tractor
    My tractor is an old MF

I think one of the biggest mail in rippoffs are for cell phones. Years back I sighed Verizon for another two years and the wife and I got nice phones. I got my rebate back. She didn't.. well not without a great hassel. Fortunately we had proof it was sent in. Six months later the rebate arrived. Make copies and document every call. They play the odds you will wait too late. -kid

Tractor
    ShovelandBarrow

Yes...that too.
    ____
    Jay

Tractor
    Toro D200, Ford 1715, International 884,

I will go for "at the register" rebates.
    I avoid mail-in rebates with a passion.

I had a car shipped to me.
    The shipping company gave me a price, then said I would get something like a 10% discount... whatever...
    Anyway, then they charged me for 100% of the cost, and told me that I would get my discount after filling out a review.

Well, the pickup and delivery was about a week late, and I wasn't happy about the idea of tying the rebate to the review... so I wrote that in the review.

Needless to say, I never received the discount/rebate.

Tractor
    JD 5520, 790 TLB-- Kub L4300, B7800, MX5100

We keep records and get all our rebates because I don't forget--but the whole "rebate" thing is getting old with me. I'm tired of playing that game and just gimme the lower price or I'll go elsewhere where I can get the best price I can up front.

Plus, when you buy something that has a rebate attached you pay sales tax based on the original, pre-rebate price. So the rebate is somewhat less that you think. Last month I bought an electric razor at a major member club retailer for $79.99 after the $20 "rebate" was subtracted at the register. Plus there was an additional $10 mail-in rebate attached that you had to send in. So I paid sales tax on $99.99.

After I got home I thought about it and decided I've had enough and the jig is up. I returned the razor and found a better deal mail order. Let them figure it out.

May I be the kind of person my dogs think I am,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12