Plastic 55 gal drums

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Plastic 55 gal drums #1  

BlacknTan

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B-7800
Does anyone know of a good outlet for plastic 55 gallon drums???

Free or low cost preferable.

/ Plastic 55 gal drums #2  
what i do is go to a tractor dealer/service department and ask for them. 55gal metal are used to haul oils, 55gal plastic are used to haul cleaners. so you got to clean them out, but they are happy to get rid of them.

/ Plastic 55 gal drums #3  
go to a cleaning company, Janitor Jim, all of them have cleaning fluids which are all water-soluable. which they buy by the drum.

/ Plastic 55 gal drums #4  
I get 55 & 15 gal from friends who dairy farm. They get their chemicals in them. The 15 are nice as they have a good heavy duty handle on the top.

/ Plastic 55 gal drums #5  
You can also check with car washes. They get their suplies in plastic drums.

/ Plastic 55 gal drums #6  
I went through the same issue, and finally found one at a local construction company. They service their own trucks (large concrete co) and get windshield washer fluid in them.

/ Plastic 55 gal drums #7  
Watch Craig's list. They seem to show up there on a pretty regular basis. Few years ago I got a couple from a juice importer.

/ Plastic 55 gal drums #8  
i got mine from the automatic Car Wash place. It will either have contained soap or wax. Try to get one that contained soap. add 2 gallons of water, swish it around, then dump into a 5 gallon drywall bucket, place lid.
Now you'll have some car soap for rinsing off your equipment for a while.

They use a high concetrate, so even adding the water, you still will have to dilute further when you use it, or your neighbors will refer to you as Mr. Bubble. Ask me how I know? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.