Experiences with engine damage for burning gasoline in a Kubota

/ Experiences with engine damage for burning gasoline in a Kubota #1  

Gary Ray

Employee of ours filled tank on a sweet running Kubota 4200 (with 4200 hours) with gasoline. Ran for a while, most would just idle. AFter we discouver, drained tank and diesel added. We are getting blue/black smoke now. Power is good. Perhaps new engine time. Our mechanic says they get 2 dozen calls a year for the same issue, but has not had one with any damage to engine components. Any suggestions?

/ Experiences with engine damage for burning gasoline in a Kubota #2  
Nope, engine should be fine. - it happens all the time with diesel engines.

Many people have put gas in diesel trucks and all is fine after they do wht you did.

Run a little diesel additive, to lube up the injectors.

On some of the diesel truck sites both GM and Ford guys have had their wives add fuel and they made a mistake, no problem. There all still married, although the wives are no longer allowed to drive the truck.

/ Experiences with engine damage for burning gasoline in a Kubota #3  
It may possibly damage the Fuel Injector Pump due to gasoline not having the same lubrication properties as Diesel.

/ Experiences with engine damage for burning gasoline in a Kubota #4  
I had to change the injector pump on my brothers MF 35 diesel when the neighbor borrowed his tractor about 20 years ago and being a good neighbor he filled it up with gas. My brother didnt notice it until it quit. It destroyed the injector pump from lack of lubrication.

/ Experiences with engine damage for burning gasoline in a Kubota #5  
I haven't had a issue yet,but I still check the containers that are color coated to be sure the right fuel is in them. We had a gas station near here last year,the fuel truck put wrong fuel in the wrong tanks,I think the oil company had to buy a few motors. plowking

/ Experiences with engine damage for burning gasoline in a Kubota #6  
You should be fine as long as you didn't run it to long. Run it a bit more and it should clean off. We've seen it more then once. Both ways!

/ Experiences with engine damage for burning gasoline in a Kubota #7  
I know this post is almost three weeks old but maybe this will help someone else.

When you run gas in a diesel it is always a good idea to change the oil. The oil gets contaminated by the gas. I'm pretty sure that is why you are seeing smoke.

Gary T.

/ Experiences with engine damage for burning gasoline in a Kubota #8  
And it'd probably be a good idea to change the fuel filter.

One of the guys here put 30 gallons of gas in one of the delivery trucks last year, when gas was $4.00/gal :eek:. Between towing/cleaning/replacing/cost of gas, it was around $1,000.00. :(

GM and Ford guys have had their wives add fuel and they made a mistake, no problem. There all still married, although the wives are no longer allowed to drive the truck.
Sounds reasonable... :D

/ Experiences with engine damage for burning gasoline in a Kubota #9  
I knew a fellow that filled his Powerstroke up with gas. It scored the pistons on the injector pump and he had to have the injector pump rebuilt. I used to have a Dodge Cummins diesel. If I remember correctly the owners manual said you could have up to 30% gas in the diesel fuel and it wouldn't hurt anything.

/ Experiences with engine damage for burning gasoline in a Kubota #10  
VW disels were the same way, said to cut the diesel in the winter with gas, helped with gelling.