Experiences with engine damage for burning gasoline in a Kubota

/ Experiences with engine damage for burning gasoline in a Kubota #11  
I knew a fellow that filled his Powerstroke up with gas. It scored the pistons on the injector pump and he had to have the injector pump rebuilt.

Might you be talking about a older 6.9L or 7.3L engine, Powerstrokes don't have injection pumps per say. They run a high pressure oil rail system and electronic injectors.

/ Experiences with engine damage for burning gasoline in a Kubota #12  
VW disels were the same way, said to cut the diesel in the winter with gas, helped with gelling.

This is actually very common practice in Europe, and it works well.

The only problem is that the air space above the fuel in a gasoline tank is too rich in hydrocarbons to burn, in a diesel it is too lean to burn. With the right mixture in the tank, the vapor space can be explosive.

A lot of vehicles have the fuel pump inside the tank these days, and those DC pumps are known spark producers.

/ Experiences with engine damage for burning gasoline in a Kubota #13  
Might you be talking about a older 6.9L or 7.3L engine, Powerstrokes don't have injection pumps per say. They run a high pressure oil rail system and electronic injectors.

This was many years ago. Probably wasn't even called a Powerstroke back then. I did not know the diesels ran a high pressure oil rail system and electric injectors now. How does this work?

/ Experiences with engine damage for burning gasoline in a Kubota #14  
This was many years ago. Probably wasn't even called a Powerstroke back then. I did not know the diesels ran a high pressure oil rail system and electric injectors now. How does this work?

I use to tinker and hot rod them a bit years ago. Here is a very brief run down from what I remember.

The HPOP (High Pressure Oil Pump) is a gear driven pump mounted above the water pump that supplies high pressure oil upwards of 10,000 PSIG (IF my memory is correct) through passages in the each head. The injectors are fired electronicly by the IDM (Injector Drive Module). The energy to expell the diesel from the injector is provided by the HPOP. I dont remeber the abbreviation of the injectors HUEI?.. It is a weird animal to say the least..
And when your diesel technican buddy tells you have an electrical short in your valve cover gasket causing your truck to run bad you can believe him... Dont ask me how I know:rolleyes::D