Eureka Fluid Film

/ Eureka Fluid Film #121  
I sprayed some on a box blade and a rake a few months ago. I went to turn the rake around and it was still liquidy around the pivot point.

Great stuff!

/ Eureka Fluid Film #122  
I can vouch that Eureka Fluid Film CAN be used as a penetrating oil. I had a nut I couldn't get loose and I sprayed Eureka Fluid Film on the bolt and the nut came off easy. Not that it works that good in every situation.

/ Eureka Fluid Film #123  
I bit on the free sample, and was impressed.. yes it is high dollar stuff, but it really works well in a variety of applications. Way better than I thought it would, I ordered 2 large cans, I guess the "free" sample worked.!
James K0UA

/ Eureka Fluid Film #124  
Ditto, just posted about this in the JD forum. I just acquired a JD 1070 and one of the first things I did after giving it a good washing was coat the entire thing (including applying it to all the plastic/metal body panels) in FF. Love it!

/ Eureka Fluid Film #125  
May have found another use, although I will know
later on how good it really worked in this application.

I wiped a very small amount on the inside of my cab
windshield to try to act as an anti fogging agent. My
idea was that it doesn't hold moisture, and therefore
my breath shouldn't fog up the inside of the windshield.
I did used the tractor/cab today, but it wasn't very cold
(only about 20) and I had NO fogging (which usually leads
to frosting). The true test will be on a colder nite, when
there is no sun, and I can see how it performs then. But,
for the test run today, I have to say it worked great,
I think!
:D

/ Eureka Fluid Film #126  
I guess I'll be the nay sayer. I got the free sample in hopes of keeping grass clippings from sticking to the underside of my deck. It kinda worked for one mowing, but I'd have to reapply every time. If I have to get under there every time, I might as well take the hose to it instead. It'd certainly be cheaper.

Ian

/ Eureka Fluid Film #127  
I'd have to say that is more of a result of your mower deck design and the blades you use with that mower deck. In over 10 years of mowing with an old Grasshopper 721D G2, I've not once had to clear clippings from under the deck. I promise you that when I had a mowing business, I not only mowed damp grass, but I mowed in the rain. I don't know if it's the mowing deck design with careful placement of air baffles in combination of high lift blades or what, but I simply never have grass trimmings stuck under my deck.

My guess is that if you have issues with grass clinging under your deck, you always will no matter what you do. I've positively never used water under any of my mower decks. I think that is one contributor to why I've never had a deck bearing go out. On the older Grasshopper I mentioned above, all deck bearings are original and none have any detectable wear. IMHO, that is a result of two things; 1, never going more than 8 hours between greasings (easy to remember - grease with each fuel refill) and 2, never using a hose or pressure sprayer under the deck.

I've heard of guys having their decks media blasted on the underside and it Teflon coated. I'm told this worked well for about half a year; until all the Teflon was worn off.

/ Eureka Fluid Film #128  
My name is Rob and I am a fluid-filmaholic:laughing:
In my experience, it is hands down the best for battery terminals. I have two tractors and 3 trucks that I use for snow removal in the winter, they all got undercoated and it is still on and looking good. On my dump truck we use for salting I have sprayed the bed before loading with salt. It has had salt in it all winter and I have resprayed it once because a couple areas were getting dry. After we undercoated the trucks in the shop we had a hard time getting it off the sealed concrete floor, even with full strength concentrated degreaser and a hot water pressure washer. We sprayed our 3 pt snowblower all over, as well as the blade and a snow pusher. All are still coated after 6th snow event.
I also use it on our antique tractor plows after plow days, if there was an ideal demonstration of its use that would be it. After a plow is scoured to a chrome finish it will flash rust in a few hours here in the midwest. I would have to agree that it creeps in to the pores of the metal and provides long lasting protection.
I do use it on hyd cylinders to keep them from rusting too. It works great on door hinges, garage doors, trailer hitches and latches, any kind of lock, drill chucks, and it's great for dry hands. Ok you get the picture, I'm addicted.

/ Eureka Fluid Film #129  
Good call Rob.

I'm addicted to FF as well. Great stuff. Actually, my distributor under-markets it. I've asked him if it will stand up to underbody salt spray and he's repeatedly said no. Well it does.

That reminds me, I'm ready for another case...

/ Eureka Fluid Film #130  
Why didn't you guys tell me it was addictive?, NOOOOOO, you let me send off for the free sample:laughing: Then I had to have more.. just like they used to do with cigarettes:eek: Is there a support group? some quick way of "breaking the habit"... Just kidding, I can quit anytime I want!.. er "cough,cough":eek:

James K0UA