favorite wax?

/ favorite wax? #31  
for me, I will take Cg5050 wax as my go-to for detailing..It is NOT a LSP though. It has a nice longevity of over 6-month in Texas and I like it. Again it is all in the prep and what you want (aka looking)..

/ favorite wax? #32  
The products I suggested, will leave the surface just as easy to clean, as if it was waxed. There are silicones in them, that will give the same result.

The secret to removing bugs is to wet them down with a spray bottle full of water, in a fine mist. After a minute, you can wipe them right off.

You haven't cleaned bugs, until you have to clean them off an airplane. There is around 100 square feet of area on ours, that faces forward, and gets plastered, just about every flight in the summer.

For really dried bird droppings: Spray the spot with Windex, and cover it with a paper towel. When the wet spot shows through the paper towel, wet it with more Windex. Let it sit about 5-10 minutes, and the droppings will come right off. :thumbsup:

Tree sap: Use real hot water.

If anyone has a white, or silver vehicle, with all the tiny orange rust speckles on the sides, it's from brake dust. The hot particles stick to the paint, and rust. All cars get it, you just can't see it on most colors.

To remove this with little effort, buy a bottle of oxalic acid crystals from a larger pharmacy. Dissolve a few tablespoons, in a quart of warm water. Using a sponge, wet the affected areas with the solution. Re-wet the areas every few minutes, as the solution begins to evaporate. After about 10 minutes, you will start to see the spots disappear. Repeat until they are all gone, and rinse the areas thoroughly.

Oxalic acid may eventually irritate your hands, if they are not real tough, so wear rubber gloves. And, eye protection would be a real good idea. For an example, oxalic acid is not nearly as bad, as TSP as far as skin irritation. It is poison, so you need to keep it away from pets, and children.

In 20 years detailing cars, SUV that cost 1/2 my home never tried that since using clay works just fine..and easy.

/ favorite wax? #33  
I use all Mcguires products for waxing and 3M for all buffing and polishing...Great products, been using them for 20 years.

/ favorite wax?
Turtle wax went on real nice tonight after the sun got low.

soundguy

/ favorite wax? #35  
In 20 years detailing cars, SUV that cost 1/2 my home never tried that since using clay works just fine..and easy.

Not sure what you mean by "that".

If your referring to using oxalic acid, sure clay bars will remove the spots. And, if it was minor, I might just use clay, or even some polish.

Everyone has personal preferences. I get paid by the job, so I do everything I can, to find the fastest, easiest way to get it done, because my pay check depends on it.

Believe me, as someone who has removed it from commercial vans, and retired police cars, where it was so bad, the sides, and back, of the vehicles were literally orange, I would finished, and inside relaxing, before you got part of one of those done, with clay.

/ favorite wax? #36  
:cool:
Not sure what you mean by "that".

If your referring to using oxalic acid, sure clay bars will remove the spots. And, if it was minor, I might just use clay, or even some polish.

Everyone has personal preferences. I get paid by the job, so I do everything I can, to find the fastest, easiest way to get it done, because my pay check depends on it.

Believe me, as someone who has removed it from commercial vans, and retired police cars, where it was so bad, the sides, and back, of the vehicles were literally orange, I would finished, and inside relaxing, before you got part of one of those done, with clay.

I was saying I have detailing cars over 150K and never used acid unless I needed too (wheels only as a last line...). I am just saying I would never use that process. If a clay does not remove that try OHC. If that does not work with the proper foam color pad, ****, the owner is <blanked>. I am sure acid is faster etc but with auto's this price and the job is avg about 250 to $300 greenbacks, I do not need or want to worry about a customers car. I only do this on the side and word of mouth. I always have a back log and I work at my own pace. As I always say, if you want a cheaper or faster route hit some trunk slammer. Then come back when you have swirls all over, burnt paint, etched paint etc..

/ favorite wax?
good paint should be pretty acid tolerant.. unless we are talking something like nitric acid...

soundguy

/ favorite wax? #38  
:cool:

I was saying I have detailing cars over 150K and never used acid unless I needed too (wheels only as a last line...). I am just saying I would never use that process. If a clay does not remove that try OHC. If that does not work with the proper foam color pad, ****, the owner is <blanked>. I am sure acid is faster etc but with auto's this price and the job is avg about 250 to $300 greenbacks, I do not need or want to worry about a customers car. I only do this on the side and word of mouth. I always have a back log and I work at my own pace. As I always say, if you want a cheaper or faster route hit some trunk slammer. Then come back when you have swirls all over, burnt paint, etched paint etc..

I would not have suggested this method, if there was any doubt if it would harm the finish.

I have used it for decades on my vehicles, and customers vehicles.

I did not pull it out of my back side, this method is from a service bulletin, from a paint manufacturer. It goes back to the days when there was no clay. People used rubbing compound and a buffer. And they were removing so much clear coat, they were damaging the paint.

You suggest that if someone does a job fast, they can't do it correctly.

That is not true.

If you work smart, and hard, you can be fast, and good.

My standards are as high as anyone's, and so are my customers.

If your worried about cleaning expensive cars, try fixing that $150K car, after someone takes the side out of it, and satisfying them. That's what I do. :thumbsup:

/ favorite wax? #39  
Like dqdave1, I use Mothers or Meguiars. However, I use the ooz out of a bottle stuff. It lasts the whole year on my garaged vehicles.

It's easy to wipe off after it dries, unlike some of the old style waxes like Turtles.

Ralph