Grease Guns

/ Grease Guns #1  

Artisan

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota BX25
Guys what is old hat to you is new to me. I took delivery on a new BX25 today and I of corse I must lube it.

My question is, what in your opinion is the best grease gun?

My machine is a BX25.

I run a lot of Dewalt 18V tools so I have those batteries if Dewalt makes a power greaser. I bet ya there is a gun that excels above and beyond the rest.

The majority of the time I will not have compressed air.

I am open to all suggestions.

THANX IN ADVANCE!

/ Grease Guns
I have a couple of Milwaukee cordless M12 tools as well. I see Milwaukee has grease guns. Anyone w/ any info on them?

/ Grease Guns #4  
I have 3, and air powered one a standard size one and a 3 oz handheld (trigger squeeze) one.. the one I use the most is the little trigger gun. Upside is it is small easy to pack around and fits everywhere. Downside is it runs out of grease pretty fast. But it is still the one I use the most, and it works well, very low cost.

James K0UA

/ Grease Guns
Last edited:
   / Grease Guns #6  
I have a small one probably a lot like James' but it doesn't work well in a number of instances for me, like when the joint needs a lot of greese or if you need a hose to get to the zerk like the upper arms on the loader or an upper ball joint on a car. I bought a full size gun at the Deere store a couple of years and thought it was one of the best made ones I have ever seen. About $20 or so. It has a nice cap that comes with to keep the nozzle clean between uses. I think you'd have to be greeseing a tractor serveral times a day to justify an electric gun.

/ Grease Guns #7  
I'm surprised Hornady don't sue for Tradedress Infringement. Lock-n-Load is a registered trademark of Hornady Ammunition. Maybe they don't know.... Maybe I'll tell 'em.:laughing:

All fun aside, I use a conventional screw barrell air powered grease gun with an exception, I never unscrew the barrell. My greasegun has an alemite (zerk) fitting on top and I bulk load it with my 150 pound open headed air greaser.

Bulk greasing isn't cheap. A Lincoln bulk greaser is around a grand but something that the serious man cave needs.

For your BX, go to the local box store or Harbor Fright and get a 20 buck or less lever grease gun, a 12" whip hose and take the female fitting off the rigid pipe that comes with the grease gun, install the whip hose and the female on the end and can the pipe. Go to TSC and get the 10 for 10 (10 grease tubes for 10 bucks) and be happy. Don't forget rags to sipe of the excess grease and don't get it on your dockers, it won't come out in the wash.:D

/ Grease Guns
I'm surprised Hornady don't sue for Tradedress Infringement. Lock-n-Load is a registered trademark of Hornady Ammunition. Maybe they don't know.... Maybe I'll tell 'em.:laughing:

All fun aside, I use a conventional screw barrell air powered grease gun with an exception, I never unscrew the barrell. My greasegun has an alemite (zerk) fitting on top and I bulk load it with my 150 pound open headed air greaser.

Bulk greasing isn't cheap. A Lincoln bulk greaser is around a grand but something that the serious man cave needs.

For your BX, go to the local box store or Harbor Fright and get a 20 buck or less lever grease gun, a 12" whip hose and take the female fitting off the rigid pipe that comes with the grease gun, install the whip hose and the female on the end and can the pipe. Go to TSC and get the 10 for 10 (10 grease tubes for 10 bucks) and be happy. Don't forget rags to sipe of the excess grease and don't get it on your dockers, it won't come out in the wash.:D

5030 I am confused, if I throw away the ridgid tube and use the flex tube how does the process get done when I only have 2 hands? It takes 2 hands to pump right? Now I have to hold the flex hose against the zerk hard...

I am just confused, I am missing the boat here on something silly. Like I think I said, I am a newb to tractors...

I appreciate the input..

/ Grease Guns #9  
5030 I am confused, if I throw away the ridgid tube and use the flex tube how does the process get done when I only have 2 hands? It takes 2 hands to pump right? Now I have to hold the flex hose against the zerk hard...

The type of gun 5030 is referring to is below. Couple of things... One, if it takes two hands to run a gun of that type, it's clogged or jammed, something is wrong. Never had to use two hands with that type... And, he's right, get the whip hose, you won't regret it, especially when you are trying to grease the BH boom swivel! :)

Attachments

• GreaseGun.jpg
    GreaseGun.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 407
   / Grease Guns #10  
Get the one handed grease gun! Seriously. I love it! Has short handle to pump and hold the gun, other hand is free to hold end of grease hose! My dad (farmer) has a hundred of the three handed jobs and after I got this wonder I can't imagine using the "old" style!