End of ethanol?

/ End of ethanol? #1  

arrow

Tractor
Mahindra 3016
This is what I heard from my small engine repair guy: that ethanol is going to be phased out within a 4 year period. I did not ask him if this was an "inner business" memo and since I don't get any newspapers, was wondering if anyone else heard anything about this.
Also, I know its real expensive but if you are only using a couple gallons of mix per season, and you do not have access to non-ethanol gasoline, the non-ethanol premix stuff makes a saw run better than anything you can remember in the last 5 years. Saws rev right now, super responsive and runs cooler. Good stuff.
Could it be that the ethanol hoax is finally over?

/ End of ethanol? #2  
The Farmers will never let that happen. Too much money in it. I have heard talk of uping It.

/ End of ethanol? #3  
Here in Oregon to get this mandated rammed through the first time they had to put a sunset clause in the ethanol mandate and now that it is near all the tree huggers say it would be stupid not to renew it. I will not go down the list of extra costs, damage and increased food prices this has brought about.

David Kb7uns

/ End of ethanol?
The Farmers will never let that happen. Too much money in it. I have heard talk of uping It.

So have I hearing and seeing some publications of producers with govnt. ties proposing 15% mix. The farmers you speak of are nothing (as you and I are as consumers) if someone high up stand to make a ton of money on something else. They'll just pass the correct law for the situation. There also may be political push back of using food to make petroleum entities. I just didn't know and was wondering what may be "blowin in the wind".

/ End of ethanol? #6  
Our local gas station just quit selling E85. They were the only ones selling the stuff within 30 miles.

/ End of ethanol? #7  
Our local gas station just quit selling E85. They were the only ones selling the stuff within 30 miles.

That sells for a dollar less a gallon here if you can find it.

/ End of ethanol?

My local se repair guy showed me a brochure from Briggs and Stratton entitled "Alternative uses for ethanol". In it, it displays all the products available that are alleged to counter act the harming aspects of ethanol laced gasoline. The thing was 12 pages full of products for this. I guess this market is getting larger and larger.

/ End of ethanol? #9  
I'd be very suprised if this were true....not seen a word in print anywhere. That said, I hope its true! Sick of the ethanol problems with my small engines and especially my boat!

/ End of ethanol? #10  
I doubt we will ever see an end to ethanol. Fortunately the government stop subsidizing the refinement of it but I believe the there is still a clause that says 30% of all corn produced will go to alternative fuel production. With all the corn in production now and it taking a dive to 4.50 a bushel I think it's here to stay. If they got rid of it all together corn futures would bottom out overnight.

We will see the 15% ethanol in gasoline for sure. E85 might go the way of the dinosaur though. The lower cost of it is usually not a result of a cheaper product to produce but it was excluded of fed and state highway taxes. Put the taxes on it and nobody would pay the same amount for a fuel that only gets about 75% of the mileage that regular 87 octane does.