Off Road Diesel Price

/ Off Road Diesel Price #22  
The station I buy at is always 20 cents cheaper for the off road. Today off road was 2.34

/ Off Road Diesel Price #23  
I quit using off-road. At 20 cents for the amount i use it isn't worth the effort. I use on-road exclusively, that way I can refuel any vehicle I have from one tank.

/ Off Road Diesel Price #24  
I deliver heating oil for a company in the winter . Red diesel is the same as heating oil , the reason the price is the same or a bit more , thats what the oil company makes . It averages 50 cents a gallon , so for a 100 gallon delivery they make 50 bucks . Almost not worth the time to stop . If the fuel is used for home heating its not taxed , if its used for commercial equipment or to heat a commercial building they have to pay sales tax . So sometimes its cheaper to buy on road at the pump

/ Off Road Diesel Price #25  
My most recent DELIVERY of marked diesel was $.846 per litre. Multiply by 3.78 to get your US gallon. ($3.20 per US gallon)

Regular gas AT THE PUMP is currently $1.22/litre locally. ($4.61)

/ Off Road Diesel Price #26  
NC/SC line is 2.03 off road and 2.38 for on road diesel. I picked up a 55 gal plastic drum for 10 bucks that had canola oil in it. drained it cleaned it and bought the diesel pump kit off ebay for 55 bucks and run it off a lawn mower battery I use for my sprayer. I take the drum out in the trailer and fill it 1/2 way to stop stale fuel.

/ Off Road Diesel Price #27  
I filled up at the station I criticized last week. Farm was $1.859 where road diesel was $2.249. That's more like it but still not 40 cents. With Harvey coming ashore, I knew gas here would spike so I filled everything I had. Sure nuf, Sunday it had spiked. However, not too bad here. Gas was up 20 cents at reputable dealers.....didn't need nor check diesel as my farm tanks were full. Locally we did have minor delivery problems since the available refineries were North in Oklahoma and tankers were running 24/7 since lines were longer and the RT took longer.

Oil distributors got on the news and told folks that there is plenty of gas if you would get out of the panic mode and quit hoarding which is causing some stations to run dry prematurely for short periods.

I don't feel that I fit that bill as my choice was to fill up before the rush and was not hoarding per se, but to get the better price knowing full well what would and did happen after the floods and not knowing how long, if ever, the price would return to the sweet rates we have been paying.

/ Off Road Diesel Price
I have another delivery today. I didn't ask the price. Pretty much all fuel has gone up about 20 cents this week.

/ Off Road Diesel Price #29  
Had a jd guy said on road diesel for cars was better in my tractor that the off road.

/ Off Road Diesel Price
Had a jd guy said on road diesel for cars was better in my tractor that the off road.

I think he is FOS. As far as I know the only difference is the red dye. Either come in the same truck and dye is added as it's pumped for off road. He may be talking about the bio diesel. That is labeled on the pump. Some say it's great stuff but I steer clear of it as best I can but my diesel supplier claims all diesel in our area is 5% bio diesel. One place I know of that sells off road at the pump lists the product as 15% so I don't buy there.

Yesterday's delivery cost me $2.59 per gallon after sales tax was added.