Off Road Diesel Price

/ Off Road Diesel Price #1  

TractorGuy

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere 4310 CUT, Ford New Holland 575E Industrial Backhoe, John Deere F725 Front Mount Mower
What is off road diesel costing delivered in your area? I get a little over 100 gallons per load. Last time it cost me right about what highway diesel would cost at the pump after sales tax. I can live with that for a delivered price but they are quoting me $2.45 plus 7.5% sales tax for my next delivery scheduled for tomorrow. That will come to $2.63 per gallon. Looking online it looks like road diesel is about $2.30 to $2.40 at the pumps.

It seems like I was seeing prices of $2.29 or so last week. I'm thinking they are raising prices with the tropical storm brewing in the gulf. That would be illegal after a state of emergency was declared which hasn't happened yet.

/ Off Road Diesel Price #2  
At times it seems they don't need much of cause to raise prices even in our area :rolleyes: $2.45 gallon here.

/ Off Road Diesel Price #4  
I just had my tank topped off. 1.80 per gallon. I've spent over $1300 this month in diesel. Yuck however, almost everything is full and the 500 gallon tank is around 3/4

Brett

/ Off Road Diesel Price #6  
1.79 if I pick it up myself. Delivery around here ends up costing me as much as on-road fuel is selling for at the pump. So, I fill up my 100 gallon portable tank when I'm out and transfer it to the 550 gallon permanent tank. Simple and saves me quite a bit.

/ Off Road Diesel Price
I will take this a little off topic.

My delivery guy didn't ask or charge sales tax this time. They will probably come back wanting to add it on since I haven't filled out an ag exemption form. 90% of the fuel does get used on my ag zoned property but 10% or maybe a little more will go into my JD for mowing around the house and for being on reserve for the generator. I'm wondering if I could fill out the ag exempt and just pay sales tax on every other delivery without worrying about it.

/ Off Road Diesel Price #8  
Got my tank filled yesterday, $1.85 delivered.

/ Off Road Diesel Price #9  
$2.04 last week at the card lock station for off road.

/ Off Road Diesel Price #10  
I was not aware you had to have a tax exemption of any kind to buy off road fuel. It is dyed red so DOT knows it was not taxed as on road tax and will fined you if they catch that. How the fuel is use is what determines if off road is legal. It has to be used "off of government roads". May be a better definition. I was not aware sales tax was charged on such fuels either. Does that vary from state to state? Years ago I bought on road fuel and file for road tax refund which some say works out better.