TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,112  
Moved a bunch of dirt and rock.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,115  
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,116  
This morning, I split the last round of the last log of this year's firewood (two months behind schedule) and rode the tractor back to the cabin in the first solid rain of the fall season. The skies opened up when I was about halfway through the last load. I got good and wet, but when this rain stops later, the splitter comes off for the year. The four woodsheds I fill each year for myself and my neighbors are stuffed. The next break in the weather will see me running my PTO chipper to make the limbs into eventual garden soil.

Thankful for the rain. The mushrooms will grow and the salmon will come into the rivers.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,117  
FINALLY I got some seat time yesterday. About 2 hours of teaching myself how to grapple, plus some bush hogging.

I moved a very large (maybe 30') cedar about 150 yards and mow it is along my driveway and easy to access.

I moved the "Firewood" the loggers left me which required me first to use the root grapple as an earth mover whereby I broke down some big lumpy dirt and bark/debris piles to create a semi level space where I could manuver the tractor to 90 degrees so I could grapple the logs. I moved them all away from the area I'm clearing to a spot where I can easily run my saw and at least buck them into managable sized logs, if not firewood.

I also worked on my finesse with the grapple trying to pick up a single 2" tree without tearing up the ground too much. I did manage that.

I am struggling with these two things now.

#1 he grapple closing at the same time as I am tilting it up seems only one or the other works and the logs were slipping out.

#2 the area I am bush hogging is VERYlumpy and I hit dirt hard on the cutter, do I go out there with the bucket and just knock them out, or ???

Thanks in advance.
I'm hoping for a little seat time today also.

David

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,118  
Finished up the garden for the year.

Took out the rabbit fence, the tomato stakes, mowed it off(amazing what the MMM on this Massey will chop up), corn stalks and all.........then tilled it all under.

The most amazing thing was that the deer where in the garden at noon today......1 hour after I mowed it.

Going to plant rye for a cover crop next.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,119  
put 10 hours on the last 4 days cleaning up after the Komatsu 135 I rented to dig stumps, clean out my pond, and tear down some more trees to move my duck pen and enlarge the chicken pen. Have a bunch more time later this week with Chipping up piles for the goats and garden and moving some more dirt, Also got a yanmar 55 coming tuesday to move some of the bigger stuff and trees. :D

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,120  
Got a trailer load of chips between rains from the limbs of this year's last firewood tree. There is maybe one more load down there. Gotta get it before much more rain, as it becomes a mud hole.