TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,131  
I needed to get ready for the stump grinder to arrive in the morning. :thumbsup:

David

I am very jealous. Did I mention my property has several dozen stumps that keep getting in my way???:laughing::D:laughing:

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,132  
Prepared a field over the last 2 weekends, I'd say maybe a total of about 8 hours so far, had to bush hog 6ft. tall weeds and then plow it with my 2 furrow... all with my little 276D, it overheated quite a few times (just had a headgasket change) when bush hogging, but no sweat pulling the plow, just slow going.

99105002.jpg

63004183.jpg

61585519.jpg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,134  
I am very jealous. Did I mention my property has several dozen stumps that keep getting in my way???:laughing::D:laughing:

Hmmm.... I need a good trailer... Hmmm... 5 hours away you say (Really, I thought Ohio was farther)... Hmmm...:D

David

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,135  
Nice work!

David

Thanks! I got that field about half way plowed (picture) and then things started to break. :mad: First it was the stabilizer linkage on the 3 point, then it was a tire blow out from hitting a sharp little stump... I spent more time dicking around on sunday than actually sitting in the seat!

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,136  
Had some back problems that kept me off the tractor for a couple of months. Got a few hours in last night mowing, some of it was over 6' tall, slow going but it was wet area until recently. Found out that my mowing and spraying earlier in year missed a few Canadian thistle patches. No worries, we did the best we could... gonna get a bigger sprayer this fall and be ready for the battle next year.

It amazes me each time I get tractor time how relaxed I am during and after. It is a real stress reliever for me. We had a heavy frost this morning so will need to start getting things put away for winter soon...

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,137  
I got a load of cow manure from a local dairy farmer and put it on my garden ack in the days of no tractor, 35 years ago. It was full of Canadian thistle. It was all over my garden and over the years, it spread far and wide up the hill onto my neighbors' land. I always felt terrible about that.

We have all tried to be organic farmers and gardeners. When I got the tractor, I started mowing it. We started a disc golf course, set on both of our pieces of land, and the wide swaths where I was going after the thistle were a natural match for several of our fairways. Keeping it mowed for the past eight years has all but eradicated the pestilent weed.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,138  
So I went back out and got about an hour (I think).

Tractor felt funny and bouncy without the bush-hog... But the filled wheels did not come up at all.

I grappled some VERY HEAVY Brick posts that had been dumped in the weeds and pulled them out so I could move them to a spot where I can decide what to do with them.

I also used the grapple to move some rocks along the driveway next to the Pawlonia stumps I intend to grind tomorrow! Just prepping my work area.:D

I need to go get some diesel now, I'm just over 1/4 tank.

It was fun!

David

Attachments

• Brick Posts.jpg
    Brick Posts.jpg
    225 KB · Views: 257
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,139  
Got in a couple of hours over the weekend... Got a 3-axle load of #57 delivered a couple of weeks ago for various current and future projects. Have knocked all the current stuff out (filling in some areas where I have some drainage issues, making a parking pad for my trailer, etc) so I'm now moving all the excess from the shop driveway to the fenceline. Am having to clean the fenceline out before I can dump, so it's going a bit slower than just plain ol' moving it.

Got lots of topics to talk to you folks about as the winter comes along, looking forward to it! :D

Attachments

• 2011-09-18 14.04.28.jpg
    2011-09-18 14.04.28.jpg
    343.1 KB · Views: 226
  • 2011-09-18 14.37.20.jpg
    2011-09-18 14.37.20.jpg
    351.2 KB · Views: 209
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,140  
I got about 90 minutes today and a number of firsts.

I detached the grapple for the first time. I connected the bucket for the first time. The dealer and I bolted on the tooth bar (had to drill holes etc. first also).

I backed onto his tilt trailer and we connected up the stump grinder,testing and using the 2 rear remotes to assist us.

I ground my first stump!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
I got my Woods TSG-50 STUMP GRINDER today!!! - TractorByNet.com

After he left I refuled the tractor for the first time (I've decided I hate the diesel can that requires me to hold open the spout because it was designed for some fool with 3 hands) It might have been easier if my can had a longer spout, but a 1/2 soda bottle makes a good funnel.:thumbsup:

Then I dropped the bucket, and struggled a while reconnecting the grapple. You need to be careful NOT to tip it over as that becomes a disaster. I did not tip it over, but it took me a while to get properly lined up so I could lift it with both sides of the SSQA. But I did get it.

I wish I could have done more :D:D
David