TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,112  
Meter hit 60 hours after two and a half days of work. Dished out topsoil, spread 20 loads gravel, then plowed and disced two food plots.

2012-07-19 D.jpg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,113  
I got home after a full day at work and no one else was home and it was still daylight so I hopped on the tractor and did an hours worth of brush hogging ,pushing out the edges and re mowing what I knocked down the other day going against the grain. Almost up to thirteen hours.
I found what was left of my brush hogs manual after I shredded it pretty good. No sign of the cap to its holder. Stupid place to put a manual to a rotary cutter. Didn't last a day.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,114  
Last couple of days of this.

game20120720-6.jpg

Anyone else mowing?

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,115  
Monday dug hole for friend so he can install a grey water catch basin. Will be back after contractor is done leveling and covering new camper parking pad with crushed stone. Would have done parking pad but was working long hours for landscaping company when project was proposed. Ah well maybe next big project.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,116  
I got what must have been a couple hours yesterday prepping and working on expanding the electric fence on my "temporary" pasture.

I moved the PHD and its stand. I had one HECK of a time getting it hooked back up, even with my PHD stand I cobbledtogether. One handed I just could not manage to jiggle the top and insert the pin for the top link. Is there a secret?

I used the FEL to pop the T-Posts I was moving. I had one WILLNOTMOVE T-Post that was lifting the rears so I went and hooked up my Woods BB72x cutter (as it is the best ballast I have) and it STILL lifted at least one rear!! I changed the fence line plan, that T-Post will need to be dug out. I snapped a small steel cable, I used a bigger cable, and then I switched to a big chain from a towtruck! I changed angle of attack and I wrapped it farther down. Curl is better at popping them out, straight lift not so much, at one point I thought it looked like it was bending my 72" ratchet rake I was careful not to allow it to actually life the rears, when I could feel them getting light and the rear squirrely I dropped. But I hand pounded all these T-Posts and I'm simply shocked my FEL could not get it out. Seems I need a bigger tractor! or I'm doing something wrong (again).

I later bush-hoged a cople of small areas where I was running the actual new fence line deeper into the pasture than I had originally intended, so I needed to hog those areas.

I did not finish unfortunately. So my horses are still over at the neighbors...

Be well all,
David

Attachments

• 2012-07-23 18.02.14.jpg
    2012-07-23 18.02.14.jpg
    682.8 KB · Views: 204
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,117  
Here is what I got accomplished last weekend. Total time on the ticker was about 10 hours. A little back ground, last summer I rented a dozer to level off a an areana for my wife and daughter to ride their horses in, cut a road into the new flat, and went a lillte crazy knocking down dead trees before running out of rent time. Last week I got my new grapple from Ted and his crew at Everything attachments, which I got hooked and hosed up friday afternoon. I started clearing brush, cutting up the downed tress I had down over the 12 ac., burned 4 big brush piles, and stacked all the logs. This was all done last Friday eve and most of the day Saturday. I popped a pretty serious hydraulic leak on the main line so I quit and am taking the Yote to the dealer today. The property was covered with thick heavy brush that you couldn't drive a rabbit through.

Log Pile
IMAG0449.jpg

A little clearer now
IMAG0450.jpg

Stump pile
IMAG0451.jpg

More clearing to do in the background
IMAG0452.jpg

Another log pic
IMAG0453.jpg

Pap Paw's little helper
IMAG0454.jpg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,118  
Got in 6.6 hours today on my BX25. I went outside to dig with a shovel a few areas next to my new side walk to put in some slabs for steps and in between the sidewalk and the garage door and to my driveway. Well, it was like trying to dig in solid rock. So I hooked up the backhoe and FEL and then decided to make a day on the tractor. I never did get back to digging out the areas to put rock in for the base of the concrete slabs. Instead, I took advantage of the drought and decided to get a bunch of dirt from the shallow end of the pond.

My son was totally confused when my wife texted him to ask what I was doing. :) I would get a bucket of dirt from the pond and on the way to where I was dumping the dirt I would mow a strip of grass, dump the dirt, mow another strip on the way back to the pond, push over more Willows around the pond, push them to the back of the bank of the pond, get another bucket of dirt and do it all over again. I pulled about 2 tandem loads of dirt from the pond, filled a low spot in the yard and built up the yard next to the 66' long sidewalk I had poured last month. I got it all leveled out with the FEL and called it a day.

The photos don't show much but it gives you an idea of what I was doing.
IMG_0680.jpg IMG_0681.jpg IMG_0682.jpg

I guess I should also mention that I didn't put any sun screen on today either. That being said, you know what color I am right now. :cool2:

This also brings me to 53 hours on the BX, so I guess I'd better make that appointment.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,119  
Nice looking walkway. You can take the string off the porch posts now . The straight line is cast in concrete.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,120  
Yesterday I got a bit of seat time and a bit of chainsaw time. I had some large branches down from a storm at one of my rentals so I loaded them onto my flatbed trailer after cutting up the larger wood. I also cut some of it small for smoker use (it was a pear tree) and loaded the back of a PT cruiser, including the back seat, full of wood for my buddy who came over to help me load. It took the two of us a couple hours to load the trailer, my grapple unloaded the trailer in 4 minutes (2 grapples full) and piled it atop the biggest burn pile.

I also hooked up the PHD again. I'm making a slight mod to the PHD stand to make it higher. I had an easier time hooking the toplink on the PHD when I used a longer pin from TSC vs the little stubby stock Kioti pin. I use the washers to keep it from sliding side to side. the one I borrowed was in terrible shape and only got worse sliding side to side and I believe it is why it drilled crooked holes...

While I was on the tractor I also grabbed a couple piles of slash and added it on top of the branches I'd just put on the burn pile to keep it from blowing away in a storm.

I really did not get much seat time, but I always appreciate it.

Be well all.
David

PS - I forgot to get a pic of it, but my burn pile has an odd torny vine growing on it I've not seen elsewhere. it has triangle leaves, small (about 1" on each side) and the little sticker/thorns come off in your finger if you get stuck. Any ideas? I will snap a pic when next I'm up there.

Attachments

• 2012-07-28 15.03.37.jpg
    2012-07-28 15.03.37.jpg
    445.3 KB · Views: 184
  • 2012-07-28 15.03.47.jpg
    2012-07-28 15.03.47.jpg
    318.8 KB · Views: 192