TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,131  
Good math skills Gordon. I mixed and spread 580 tons today and have a little to spread and touch up the curbs areas tomorrow.

I scarified and ripped the grass up with my New Holland TC35D Friday then used a Kubota SVL75 CTL with a Land Pride Power Rake to strip it and rake it into a stock pile. Saturday I spread about 120 yards of select fill (red dirt) that was sitting in the middle of it (leftovers from the baseball field install.) I used the power rake to spread and level out the soil then compacted the lot (50,000+ sq ft) with a vibratory roller. Yesterday and today I mixed and spread the road base with my tractor and box blade. Tomorrow afternoon or Saturday I'll compact it again and then it's a done deal.

Thanks for the discription - sounds like a smooth stroke of work. I have seen videos of a power rake on a CTL - looks like a capable tool.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,132  
I don't know how I ever got by without a tractor. I really enjoy my new Kubota M5140HD.

Attachments

• DSC_9049.jpg
    DSC_9049.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 357
  • photo (6).JPG
    photo (6).JPG
    518.5 KB · Views: 274
  • photo (7).JPG
    photo (7).JPG
    971.2 KB · Views: 237
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,133  
I got a few minutes of seat time (finally) yesterday. I ripped out a few more pawlonia [spit on ground, may they rot in heck] roots that keep popping up sprouts from the stumps I ground. I was going to use the PHD to plant a couple plants for the wife but a friend came over and we ended up chainsawing etc. instead. Good day nonetheless.

Be well all,
David

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,134  
I had to work yesterday AM but got in an hour of mowing with the RC in the afternoon clipping back one of the fields I gave one of the daughters. Today I went up and brush hogged the top of my hill for the second time putting the new blackberry shoots in their place, then consolidated a big brush pile into a tight high one with the loader then filled in a divet in the field left by a neighbor with a Blue tractor :rolleyes: just to get used to loading and fine grading with my 553 loader. Then when I parked the 5045E the oldest daughter said that the PTO on the 512 had stopped working so I hopped on that and found she wasn't holding something just right as it kicked right in for me. Made a couple of passes around what she hadn't yet mowed when my sister- in-law called with a cable wrapped around her riding mower (Craftsman 1000) blade. Sense my brother passed away these things now fall to me. Back up the hill and pulled that out for her then called it a day.
So much to do and not enough weekend.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,135  
I managed to log about 3 1/2 hours yesterday on my BX. We had never cleaned up the trees and brush from our drain field installation 10 years ago. No firewood left in the mess, so I just piled it all up. There was also a sizable patch of thistles, so I scraped over it with my rachet rake. I discovered a bunch of pocket gopher mounds from over the years so it was all pretty rough. A couple passes and it's cleared off and much smoother.

Had to take a joy ride around the neighborhood in the middle of it all because the :dog: gave me the slip. All part of the fun...

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,136  
Working on the last damage done to my property from last year's hurricanes that came through Pennsylvania. With the help of a bunch of friends, we poured about two tons of concrete to repair a washed out area from my pond dam. Still have about a third of the project to do, but the 855 was a godsend moving bags of concrete. Also used it to chain up my welder / generator to the bucket to move it about to the jobsite. Worked beautifully, so we had power for a mixer and other assorted tools when needed. All in all it was a very productive project, which would have been a back killer without the tractor. Even made clean up a breeze. I'm sore, but not exhausted. Think I'm getting smarter in my older age. Also the LX188 with the #10 cart was a big help hauling tools and trash.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,137  
Did some trail mowing with my self powered Bush Hog. The wheeler isn't a tractor but I use it strickly as a work machine and it does have a seat. So I thought it would be OK to show it here. :)

Attachments

• BushHog.JPG
    BushHog.JPG
    770.8 KB · Views: 295
  • Mow1.JPG
    Mow1.JPG
    780.2 KB · Views: 258
  • Mow3.JPG
    Mow3.JPG
    844.1 KB · Views: 227
  • Mow4.JPG
    Mow4.JPG
    792.9 KB · Views: 221
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,138  
Got the little B26 out to move some large rocks around at my pond several of which I could barely haul with my P7010 LS FEL but the little Kubota pushed and shoved them right on along. I then used the backhoe to dig a little trench and position them in a line so that they blocked the run off (if we ever get any rain) from washing trenches in the pond wall. Hopefully the rocks will slow it down and let it trickle in. I may have to do some more anti-wash rocking after it rains and I see how it works. I got the B26 in June and have over 30 hours on it. I got my LS in Aug 2010 and only have 50 hours on it but I also had the Yanmar at that time for small jobs. NOW the Kubota is so handy and maneuverable that I rarely get on the LS unless it is a heavy lift job or I want to move a lot of dirt fast.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #2,140  
Did some trail mowing with my self powered Bush Hog. The wheeler isn't a tractor but I use it strickly as a work machine and it does have a seat. So I thought it would be OK to show it here. :)

That little bush hog works pretty good Gordon! :thumbsup: