TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #3,071  
Took time out to smooth out the new driveway before the next snow storm.

photo5_zpscb81f6ba.png

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #3,072  
That one is from New Zealand. Here is similar from Agri-Supply.

3 Point Subsoiler-Subsoiler Attachment | Agri Supply #73410

3 Point Pipelayer-Pipe Layer Attachment | Agri Supply #73622

Will handle up to 2" pipe.
I am not sure how well schedule 40 PVC pipe would feed into that but the long roll type stuff might work good till I hit a big rock which I usually have plenty off, but luckily didn't hit any when doing this project. My biggest headache was when digging into the existing water pipe to make the tie in. I hit the pipe with the back hoe and pulled some more joint loose that required more digging and more breaking of joints till I finally had to dig up the entire works at an existing faucet. Then after getting all the broken joints fixed and holding my 100 PSI water pressure, I hit the darned faucet bracket with the FEL when backfilling the big hole and broke it again, requiring me to dig it all up again and start all over (it broke 3 joints ) Finally after 2 days and some hand shoveling this time when I got close to the pipes, I got it all put back together after several trips to a local hardware store for parts. What started out with $150 worth of plastic pipe/fitting and a $46 freeze proof faucet turned into another $80 worth of pipe and fitting. My original measurement of needed pipe was short so I added in some additional pipe and then more tees, more couplings, a couple of unions, a couple of 1" valves and a repair to my sprinkler anti siphon valve. I knew I had the contractor put in a set of valves to isolate my shop water from my house but when I was looking for them, I couldn't find a valve box for them. I bought a valve and union so I could install one and when using my shovel to dig into the line to install it, I luckily hit on the valve box that had been buried under about 3" of dirt. I don't know when that happened but it is now uncovered and luck for me that I found it on the first day of work so I could then turn on the main water valve so I could get water to the house. It ended up taking me 2 more days to get all the leaks fixed. Due to the cold weather, it took several hours for the glue to set whereas in summer, you could turn the water back on in just a few minutes. After pressurizing too quickly one time after an hour set time and having the whole shebang blow out, I started gluing up and left it set over night and that worked.
A lot of work but I had a couple of positives from the whole experience. I found my missing shut off valves, ended up with a lot of spare plastic fittings for any future repairs and did get my new faucet in so we don't need to pull 300 feet of hose (now only need 100 feet) to get to the garden. I could have put the faucet in the garden but would have been constantly having to watch out for hitting it when plowing the garden, so I put it by a power pole that is the perfect protection and I used the power pole to mount the faucet and my hose roll up rack where it is completely out of the way.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #3,073  
Ok, not exactly tractor related... But today's seat time involved a new toy.. I mean more equipment for hard "work"

image-3218923296.jpg

All tarped in case I hit snow. Drove down to Ohio to get my new to me scag (30 hours on her).

image-4050194657.jpg

Don't mind the bags of empties and kids toys in the background

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #3,074  
Ok, not exactly tractor related... But today's seat time involved a new toy.. I mean more equipment for hard "work"

View attachment 363419

All tarped in case I hit snow. Drove down to Ohio to get my new to me scag (30 hours on her).

View attachment 363420

Don't mind the bags of empties and kids toys in the background

Nice. It looks more aerodynamic tarped.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #3,075  
--------------------------------------------------
A lot of work but I had a couple of positives from the whole experience. I found my missing shut off valves, ended up with a lot of spare plastic fittings for any future repairs and did get my new faucet in so we don't need to pull 300 feet of hose (now only need 100 feet) to get to the garden. I could have put the faucet in the garden but would have been constantly having to watch out for hitting it when plowing the garden, so I put it by a power pole that is the perfect protection and I used the power pole to mount the faucet and my hose roll up rack where it is completely out of the way.

Wow, wore me out just reading about it. Been there, done some of that!

Sure glad we used PEX tubing here. Also have a cutoff valve to keep water to the house if there is a problem at the outbuildings.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #3,078  
Drove by the neighbors house today with my wife in her Saturd SC1 and saw the neighbor kid had buried his 4wd jeep Cherokee in their yard. stuffed it completely through a 2.5- 3 foot snow bank and framed it out in the 18-20" of snow on the ground he was trying to dig it. Ironically he was headed out to the tire store to replace his bologna skin tires. I stopped and ask him
Me: do you want some help pulling that jeep out?
Neighbor kid: (laughing) do you have a tow strap in that thing
Me and wife: (laughing hard) no but give me 10-15 and I'll be over with something that will get you out.

15 minutes later I showed up on my m8540
N.K.: Holy $ h! T that will work

I quickly back drag the snow out from behind the Jeep spin the tractor around hook up the tow strap to his hitch ball and give her a pull no tug or jerk required pulled him back to the driveway without even a hint of tire spin.
He wanted to pay me. I said heck no I just needed an excuse to fire up the tractor.

I figured it a good way to introduce my self to the new neighbors

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #3,080  
Wow... lotta roofs... I like it... used to build stuff like that, rafters are fun to figure out... worked with a guy who couldn't do the math but could cut any board I could get a pencil mark on... we made a good team. Geometry and math in general come easy to me.

I like building stairs too...