TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #531  
Plaid ER worked with the BX1500 for a couple hours this morning doing a little landscaping with the tiller and front blade.

Is that an old photo, or do you have a time machine:D

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #532  
I don't know but you could ask this guy.
soulasphil Join Date: Nov 2008
]

You got me there, I know exactly what it is, a drain is "un drain" but I have no idea what we call a French drain.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #533  
Here are a few more shots of the trail mowing from the last couple of days. It was such a nice day with low humidity and a breeze blowing. I only hit 1 nest of yellow jackets and I didn't get stung 1 time. I cant say the same for the Jack Russel Terrier he got stung a few times and wasn't a bit happy.

Dex - be careful on those trails, they look just like the ones we have on our farm and years ago I was driving my tractor ..JD 3020 with FEL and bush hog behind it down one of the trails to pick up some firewood with the FEL that my father in law had finished cutting..He was walking some distance behind me and when I stopped at his wood pile he was all agitated and told me I was almost killed..He said the bush hog had bumped a dead pine tree as I made a turn and the tree fell just behind me and narrowly missed me...Just saying be careful !

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #534  
Dex - be careful on those trails, they look just like the ones we have on our farm and years ago I was driving my tractor ..JD 3020 with FEL and bush hog behind it down one of the trails to pick up some firewood with the FEL that my father in law had finished cutting..He was walking some distance behind me and when I stopped at his wood pile he was all agitated and told me I was almost killed..He said the bush hog had bumped a dead pine tree as I made a turn and the tree fell just behind me and narrowly missed me...Just saying be careful !

Thanks for the warning Bob. I have to be careful when traveling through the woods because of grape vines that can pull down rotten trees onto you. I know that sounds crazy but I go through and cut the grape vines and try to cut the dead trees.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #535  
Put the finishing touches on the new skid road which is about 400 yards long. Did some leveling and hole filling. Also brought down about five buckets full of 1" stone to to place here and there where needed in muddy spots. Sure is nice being able to get my tractor in there now.

Attachments

• TractorOnRd.JPG
    TractorOnRd.JPG
    723.3 KB · Views: 297
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #536  
That looks like a real good hillside tractor. I have my rims set to their widest. The L4400 is a low setting tractor and I test the hills to see if I am near the limit. If I have to go when its wet I put chains on.

That old tractor is the most stable machine we have. You probably can't tell, but the front tires are Ag's which really help with those hills both going up and coming down. My father in law bought it new in about 85 I believe. He cut about six inches out of the ROPS and put a heavy metal canopy on it for protection from falling limbs.

Against my advice, he traded it in on a new Case CX80 in 98 and after going without it for a couple of weeks bought it back. The lights haven't worked on it in years and it breaks down every once in a while, but it is a handy old tractor.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #537  
Put the finishing touches on the new skid road which is about 400 yards long. Did some leveling and hole filling. Also brought down about five buckets full of 1" stone to to place here and there where needed in muddy spots. Sure is nice being able to get my tractor in there now.

Very nice job.:thumbsup:

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #538  

Nice looking work Gordan. Looks like that area was a swamp before the improvements.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #539  
Spent over 4 hours today moving dirt, brush piles and large stumps that my friend dug up with his Kubota backhoe.

tractortime.jpg

tractortime2.jpg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #540  
Thanks - It took a little work but the ties were free so it didn't cost much. That stretch of corduroy is about 50 feet long across a seep hole.