TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #541  
Pulled out half a dozen stumps and brought them over to my stump dump.
Took a little over an hour. I do it the easy way. I wait until they are about 15years old. :D Push on them with the FEL or back into them and lift with the winch so see if they are ready. If they are, reach down and pluck them up with the grapple. If they are not ready I bush hog around them another year.

Attachments

• Stump1.JPG
    Stump1.JPG
    763.5 KB · Views: 328
  • Stump2.JPG
    Stump2.JPG
    763 KB · Views: 310
  • Stump3.JPG
    Stump3.JPG
    819.1 KB · Views: 295
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #542  
Pulled out half a dozen stumps and brought them over to my stump dump.
Took a little over an hour. I do it the easy way. I wait until they are about 15years old. :D Push on them with the FEL or back into them and lift with the winch so see if they are ready. If they are, reach down and pluck them up with the grapple. If they are not ready I bush hog around them another year.

Good action shots! :thumbsup: I'm doing the same thing, but I'm not lucky enough to have the grapple on my FEL. :(

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #543  
Started my fall logging today. Have some fir to cut. Quite a few are hung up wind throws like the first one I did today. I got lucky and didn"t pinch the saw. I made a cut in the back and put in two wedges to keep the tree from sliding down and pinching the saw. Then I finished cutting it off. I rigged a snatch block to pull the butt off the stump sideways. Then I rigged the snatch block behind the tree and pulled it back. Down she come. Couldn't winch it out in one length because of some obstructions so took it as two ten footers and a 21' footer. Will go to the mill as four 10's.

Attachments

• WindThrow1.JPG
    WindThrow1.JPG
    769.4 KB · Views: 263
  • WindThrow2.JPG
    WindThrow2.JPG
    759.7 KB · Views: 304
  • WindThrow3.JPG
    WindThrow3.JPG
    760.3 KB · Views: 298
  • WindThrow4.JPG
    WindThrow4.JPG
    727 KB · Views: 400
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #544  
About one hour today disking my neighbor's garden/deer food plot. He sowed rape seed there, waiting for rain. Rain called for in this area next several days, up to 4 inches through the week.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #545  
I just finished six days of mowing and hauling dirt with out L5030 and M8540.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #546  
Turned over my dirt/compost pile, then took my 3 week old grandson for a slow ride around the yard:)

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #547  
Volunteered at the Antique Machinery Show, helped move some dirt with the 4320

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #549  
Mowed the pasture one last time for the season. 2 1/2 hours.

Attachments

• IMG_2850.jpg
    IMG_2850.jpg
    932.6 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_2851.jpg
    IMG_2851.jpg
    1,012.1 KB · Views: 255