TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #5,541  
Drew, you are just looking for work now. Sit down, relax and have another cup of coffee. Let that little crusting of snow die a natural death.

Amen.

The wife and I call that a "Snow Day" and we do just that if/when we can...

Be well,
David

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #5,542  
Last winter there was a big thread on tire siping/grooving and I never heard how folks did.
Supposed to be a substantial advantage on snow, like putting snow tires on instead of all seasons
plus little or no downside any other time of the year.

I do not have siping experience with tractor tires but the set of Arctic Claw Winter Txi M&S tires on the Ford 500 FWD have siping to the max and really go well in the winter mix that is currently falling. This is my first set of snow tires ever and I am looking for another set of rims so I can keep them mounted but only run them in the winter months. We do not get much snow but due to age and arthritis damage winter safety is more on my radar. They were nice on our run to MN last weekend especially in the snow returning.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #5,543  
This is yesterday's seat time. Removing a tree to put a gravel lane to the back of my barn where the shed roof is. I'm glad the ground froze up so I could take down this tree without making a mess. The tractor would not just push it over. I had to dig out the back side of it with the stump bucket and break some roots, then it went right over.

Tractor tree 4.jpgTractor tree 5.jpg

Added a picture while building the shed roof in the mud in late December.

mud2.jpg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #5,544  
My seat time today was removing a fallen tree from the garden, rototilling the garden, and raking it out. The furrows were done by hand

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #5,545  
Spent about 2.5 hours on the Kubota today. In 23* weather and snow. About an hour and half was plowing the 5.5-6 inches. I plow out to the state highway, about a mile, but I did both ends of the loop today. I'm about halfway and my farm uses both ends. Also stopped and did a few drives, 3 of which are landlords for my hay ground. Did another drive for a lady my wife use to work with. She's single and her dad usually does hers but he hasn't been in good health lately. This is about the minimum snow that I'll plow drives for. Anything less they can drive over.Then the drive and the chicken coops parking lot and driveway.

But before I could have fun plowing I had to make the ladies happy. ImageUploadedByTractorByNet1455497328.811295.jpg ImageUploadedByTractorByNet1455497369.796786.jpg

Spent about an hour feeding cows and putting out hay and a protein tub.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #5,546  
But before I could have fun xxx I had to make the ladies happy

Farmer, you are a smart man. Just insert any task in there and the sentence works.
Just ask your wife.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #5,547  
used my rear blade today for the first time, cutting a very shallow ditch in front of my barn to divert surface water into a larger ditch.
This was the Everything Attachments HD unit I drove six hours across NC to pick up where I met the men (except I didn't meet Peanut)
and got a rake and this blade there, plus a set of forks.
So I angled it over and it peeled up that field sod quite nicely. Lot of hand work from there though.
Boy would I love a Harley rake to just appear...

More fun with my tractor today because I went fishing with it. Yes...and I didn't catch the fish. A big red round fish... Was wondering if I could just snag it but no I had to get out and set it in properly anyway. Lifted up just fine. This is where the extra money I spent on a Construction Attachment set of forks hopefully pays off where I can lift on mostly one fork and not worry. Within reason...this thing was probably only about 400 pounds. Set it in easily and it slid into place on the concrete just fine. 250 gallons of diesel coming in Monday at $1.33 gal. Finally...

Attachments

• diesel tank2.jpg
    diesel tank2.jpg
    855 KB · Views: 238
  • diesel tank3.jpg
    diesel tank3.jpg
    948.3 KB · Views: 220
  • diesel tank4.jpg
    diesel tank4.jpg
    902.3 KB · Views: 219
  • diesel tank5.jpg
    diesel tank5.jpg
    902.6 KB · Views: 234
  • blading.jpg
    blading.jpg
    888.1 KB · Views: 251
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #5,548  
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #5,549  
Drew, if you ever need to pick up a heavier single point lift where you need to share load across both forks you might consider one of these.

Vestil Forklift Double-Fork Hook Plate — 4000-Lb. Capacity, Model# LM-HP4-S | Hoisting Hooks| Northern Tool + Equipment

IMHO way safer than chains around forks.

I got mine on sale for $99 a couple of years ago.

that's a great idea, thanks.
no wobble or chance of slipping that way.
As my chain twice made ominous tightening noises...
but it was well secured though not as well as if that
fork girdle was used.

plus the load would have been spread equally over both forks.

Last edited:
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #5,550  
Started out having to reseat a bead. After that I ran for 3 hours plowing snow and doing some trail clearing with the grapple.