TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #5,551  
This afternoon it was near 70F so I traced down the blown fuse on the Ford 500 car rear defroster so it is working for the first time since we got it last month.

Then we started the 310B JD backhoe and the Ford 700 16' flat bed dump truck. I had left the bed up on the factory stops all winter so the rain and ice could get off better and the bottom stage of each of the twin three stage cylinders was showing some rust. So I oiled both up well and moved between the back hoe and truck moving hydraulic cylinders max reach for a long while. I was glad we had a spring like date to start some stuff that has been parked all winter. Both batteries were fine and got about 30 minutes of self charging today.

When I need them both should be good to go to work.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #5,552  
We took advantage of the nice weather today also. Wife and kids were riding horse and ponies, after that we took the tractor and 4wheelers over the hill to dismantle an old building that had been blown over by high winds before we bought the farm. Salvaged some sheets of tin roofing and siding, and a few of the 4x4 post, and perlin boards. Tin will be usable for siding on a future shed or pole building.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #5,553  
Started out having to reseat a bead. After that I ran for 3 hours plowing snow and doing some trail clearing with the grapple.

How did you bust the bead? Also have you ever had any trouble when you are using the grapple in the woods brush braking your Hydraulic lines?

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #5,554  
The core holder was loose when I went to remove the valve cap to reseat it. I've had a slow leak in that tire all year and after sitting 4 months it was empty. I had just pulled it out of the container (my current shed) and was maybe 50' when the tire came off. I should've checked it when I first cleared the doors. The other 3 were fine.

I've never lost a hose, but I've had one pulled out of the loader SCV. I also had a stick rip out the lighting wiring going into the ROPS. When I have a bigger shed, I'll be building some armor for the underside as well as a FOPS.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #5,555  
I got some seat time scraping up fiberglass resin. I tried scraping it up with a manual scraper, but that was hopeless. This stuff is TOUGH. So, I built a scraper for the backhoe.

image-2518524418.jpg

image-1327307068.jpg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #5,556  
I got some seat time scraping up fiberglass resin. I tried scraping it up with a manual scraper, but that was hopeless. This stuff is TOUGH. So, I built a scraper for the backhoe.

View attachment 457996

View attachment 457995

Pour white vinegar on it and it loosens it right up. That is how I used to clean my shop floor after building a wood strip kayak.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #5,557  
I got some set time yesterday after putting together a round pen for my wife, I put the rake on the tractor and drove around and around and around. But got 98% of the sticks and roots from the trees we removed on Saturday.
20160222_172414a.jpg 20160222_171827a.jpg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #5,558  
Pour white vinegar on it and it loosens it right up. That is how I used to clean my shop floor after building a wood strip kayak.

I'm sorry sir but we're going to need to see some picture of that kayak. :thumbsup:

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #5,560  
Wow! What did she do to deserve that???
😨😁

Now that there is funny RaydaKub!

As for my wife, I was able to cajole her into helping move mulch in town. She caught on quickly and didn't even try to run me over. :p

Not a bad bucket load there either in the second shot. I think she's a keeper.

shannon tractor smaller.jpg
shannon tractor smaller 2.jpg