Page 56 of 390 FirstFirst ... 6465354555657585966106156 ... LastLast
    Veteran Member

Default Re: TODAYS SEAT TIME

Changed the engine oil and filter, lubed FEL, checked a boatload of things. Moved some cabinets from shop to garage (for kitchen remodel). Moved a couple of rolls of 6ft chainlink fencing. Removed a large broken branch leaning on the shop, piled it in the pasture along with another one taken out earlier. Gonna take the whole tree out another day. Smoothed area where chainlink fencing was before being moved. Several hours on tractor, would not have done most of it without tractor.
    2007 Kubota L3130, LA723 FEL
    Land Pride FDR1672 rear finish mower, Frontier RB1172, Koyker KB60 BH
    Pallet forks, Golf cart canopy bolted to ROPS, 9" & 12" PHD

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota, John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Gould View Post
    You have a nice peaceful looking place
    Thank you, it is the result of a lot of TLC by three generations. When I am not working there, I drive up every day just to look around.

Here are a couple from where I live.
    Thread on helpful tractor abbreviations: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/o...-acronyms.html

Tractor
    Kubota BX25

Got a couple hours in yesterday, mostly just trying the BX25 out. Got about an hour in today so far digging out a stump (in the rain)...
    Kyle - CompactTractorFan

Kubota BX25 w/R4's (23 hp, 17.7 PTO hp), Loader, Backhoe, 60" Mid Mount Mower, Cyclone Rake Z-10 Lawn Vacuum, CountyLine Carryall, Ferris 48" Walk-Behind Mower, Honda 21" Walk-Behind Mower, Mighty Mac 4" Chipper/Shredder,
    2000 Dodge Intrepid, 2012 Ford F-150 EcoBoost

Tractor
    Kubota L3010DT, Dresser TD7G Dozer

Spent the morning logging fir. It is hard to get rich quick with the stump rot they have. But that is why I am taking them out. I take down a nice looking 16" tree then have to cut 6' or so off the butt to get up to solid wood.
    The foliage and weather are starting to get nice. It's very enjoyable to be in the woods.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -loadedup-jpg   -stumprot-jpg   -smallhitch-jpg  
    "If you're not making any mistakes then you're not doing anything"

L3010DT, Farmi JL290 Winch, ATI Grapple, BearCat 5" Chipper, 6' Rear Blade,
    7' Sickle Bar, 5' Land Plane Grading Scraper, Dresser TD7G Dozer

Georgia - Mt. Vernon by The Store just 5 miles east and right by the big oak tree then to the creek.

Just a quick job..about 2 hrs. prepared about an acre for seeding and put down Tall Fescue - We have had 85 straight days of 90+ deg weather with little rain until now and it took it's toll on the fescue...
    Bob

WORRYING does not take away tomorrow's TROUBLES, it takes away today's PEACE.

NH - TC-29 , FEL, Bush hog, Bush hog brand finishing mower, Post hole digger, 6' Back blade, sub-soiler, Pallet forks, 20KW PTO Generator , 21 hp Murray Mower
    JD -3020 with FEL and a 16 HP. K-Grow Lawn Tractor (bought from K Mart 1994) and runs great !
    Clark 130 EN Mig Welder

Super Star Member
    First organized permanent settlement in the northwest territory
    Tractor
    2003 Kubota BX1500/2004 Kubota Bx23/2005 Kubota BX1500

My wife tilled up dirt with this as i hauled the dirt to back fill a repaired water line with this.
    Tractors 2003 Kubota BX1500 / 2004 Kubota Bx23 / 2005 Kubota BX1500.
    Attachments 60'' Front Blade/48'' Rear Tiller/FEL/Back Hoe /
    60'' MMM/Clamp on Forks/48'' MMM
    South of Canton Ohio L .B

Tractor
    Kubota L3010DT, Dresser TD7G Dozer

Continued to enjoy the great fall weather in the woods.
    Here is a picture that shows the value of a winch. I keep the tractor on the skid road. The tree got hung up and is also behind the stump. I connected a snatch block to an ash directly behind the tractor with a strap to protect the tree. Ran the cable up through a slider connected high on an adjacent tree with a choker. ( Choker damage OK because I will cut that tree next). With the winch lifted the tree from behind the stump, removed the choker and then winched the rest of the way out to road.
    Taking pictures gives me a chance to rest plus I am having fun.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -winching-jpg   -buildinghitch-jpg   -landing-jpg  
    "If you're not making any mistakes then you're not doing anything"

L3010DT, Farmi JL290 Winch, ATI Grapple, BearCat 5" Chipper, 6' Rear Blade,
    7' Sickle Bar, 5' Land Plane Grading Scraper, Dresser TD7G Dozer

Epic Contributor
    R.I.P.
    Tractor
    NHTC45D, NH LB75B, Ford Jubilee

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Gould View Post
    Taking pictures gives me a chance to rest plus I am having fun.
    Great job, Gordon. It occurs to me that the work you are doing easily justifies it's own thread. There's nothing wrong with posting here, but many people might see this thread title and not have a clue that you are posting some great pictures of your logging winch and your clever way of skidding some beautiful logs out of the woods. I for one am really enjoying your photo journalism.
    Jim

Qualicum Beach on Vancouver Island, BC. Canada
    Tractor
    2008 CK35 HST

My neighbor needed a bit of work done so went yesterday to give then a hand. Grubbed around a couple of apple trees to get rid of a lot of vines and brush, then dug a hole for a new apple tree they are planting.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -arlene-001-jpg   -arlene-002-jpg   -arlene-003-jpg   -arlene-004-jpg  

Silver Member
    Tractor
    1987 Ford 2810

I bushhogged a neighbor's field on Saturday, took about 3 hours. Today I plowed a new area in one of my bottomland fields so I can put some sweet potatoes there next year. Weatherman calling for more rain in the next few days.

Page 56 of 390 FirstFirst ... 6465354555657585966106156 ... LastLast