TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #7,351  
Its my favorite material to use. 3/4" and smaller gravel mixed with fines. Packs down to a near concrete finish after a few rains and being driven on, yet fairly easy to grade up and redistribute

I use it also, as it is comparatively inexpensive, but the problem is you can't use it on hills where the flow of water is several ft/sec as it washes out. it is good for flat surfaces where the water can run off slow. I need to order another 33 ton load, but it has been really wet and I hate paying for water.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #7,352  
I use it also, as it is comparatively inexpensive, but the problem is you can't use it on hills where the flow of water is several ft/sec as it washes out. it is good for flat surfaces where the water can run off slow. I need to order another 33 ton load, but it has been really wet and I hate paying for water.

It works for me on all but one really steep section. I haven't been able to put an aggressive crown on it due to not having a wide enough rear blade.

I just refinish it with a LPGS right as it starts to form small ruts

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #7,353  
Well, today I finished my job, getting all the bales delivered, here's the last load coming off the field,

standard.jpg

Glad to see that job get done!

SR

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #7,354  
None yet.

Started out the door to dig some stumps and noticed water on the floor in front of this dadgum Whirlpool refrigerator. Called them back to let them know the problem persists with ice hanging up in the dispenser.

Made it out to the backhoe and remembered I needed to grease it. Had to go back in house and change into my super grubbies. Pulled the backhoe over in the shade and extended the boom out. Pulled caps and greased till the gun ran dry then changed the tube in the grease gun. Got that done and greased some more till another tube ran out. Wife came home with some lunch so I stopped for that. About to go change the grease gun tube and finish that chore then it will probably start raining again.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #7,355  
It works for me on all but one really steep section. I haven't been able to put an aggressive crown on it due to not having a wide enough rear blade.

I just refinish it with a LPGS right as it starts to form small ruts

We had a real gully washer onda night.

I pet i lost 20 tons of gravel

I need to make taller waterbars and do some serious crown work, but his has me occupied at the moment.
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/projects/374740-my-wife-wants-gazebo-help-4.html

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #7,356  

Unfortunately living on the Coastal Plain, there are no rocks here, and no rocks here, no gravel. So everything has to get trucked in from further West.
So a 12-14 ton small dump load of crusher run here is $410 delivered.
While sand at $110 a load is amazingly cheap. Lots of sand here and
everything is very flat so crusher run works marvelously. After I had everything down as nice as I could get it, I rolled mine with a 1200 pound water roller.
Nothing like a professional roller but it helped a little. Then after the first rain and it dried out, real feeling of permanence. Like you did it once and it's going to last a long time.
Big heavy trucks go over it and it doesn't move much at all.

spent several hours on my JD X750 with its comfortable Michigan seat doing some roadside mowing and then my fruit orchard. Lot of crickets
jumped on me, hate that feeling on bare legs. Sure do hop around trying to get them off you. Next time I'll go back to mowing with the cab Kubota; this was a little too much
wildlife for me. But I had just sharpened the blades on the JD so it was worth the bugs to leave an extra nice cut this time. I was headed that way anyway with the mower to do a farmer neighbor's front lawn just helping him out
. At least two feet tall in spots, but i worked the pile of thatch back to one side each time so that lawn actually looked pretty good under
all the vegetation. I mow it for him about once a month, his mower died and he has zero money to buy a new one.
Of course I really beat up the sharp blades but that's what a grinder is for.

very hot weather coming in, not going to be much seat time in that unless I can find something to do in the a/c Kubota.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #7,357  
I moved to another field today and hauled 70 more big bales out of it, to my neighbors barn...

It took all afternoon and it was waaaaay too hot out!

SR

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #7,358  
One of my neighbors had talked to me late in the spring about hiring me to fix the steep section of her driveway as it was deeply rutted and filled with potholes. She is disabled and the quotes she was getting from companies were very expensive. We finally have a week without rain so I zipped over there this morning and spent 45 minutes with the LPGS. Going to go back next week with the rear blade and cut the high spots on the edge of the driveway down so water will actually flow into the side ditches.

Good as new. Forgot to take a "before" picture.

qZEKHin.jpg

Left a note taped to her door that said "no charge"

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #7,359  
One of my neighbors had talked to me late in the spring about hiring me to fix the steep section of her driveway as it was deeply rutted and filled with potholes. She is disabled and the quotes she was getting from companies were very expensive. We finally have a week without rain so I zipped over there this morning and spent 45 minutes with the LPGS. Going to go back next week with the rear blade and cut the high spots on the edge of the driveway down so water will actually flow into the side ditches.

Good as new. Forgot to take a "before" picture.

qZEKHin.jpg

Left a note taped to her door that said "no charge"
Good man!