TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #7,371  
I'm not sure the a/c in my cab would cool that...you are a stronger guy than me for sure. Low humidity or not...
I can see why the fire co. wants that mowed, boy does that look dry and flammable. Says someone who for many years
had a metal water can on his back hiking into fields putting out fires with the volunteer fire company. We had a old fashioned tourist ride steam train
that came through our town in PA, only went about ten miles, but sparks would set the fields on fire constantly. Fire line in the field always goes faster than you can imagine.
Farmers around here burn their fields, one neighbor burned down an equipment shed doing that when the fire line got away from him.

I know California is under some fire emergency now, pretty common occurrence it seems.
Great tractor Jim. Like an older Honda Accord, the best that Japan could make.
So good it impressed John Deere for sure. My JD garden tractor engine is a 23hp Yanmar.
So are many of the JD SCUTs. Is yours grey market like many in California?
I assume it's a gray market. When my neighbors husband passed, it sat for a couple of years and she let her SIL mow with it once and then they hooked up a scraper and promptly bent the lift arms trying to use it like a bulldozer! Sat another couple of years till she hired a guy to get it running again. He removed a bunch of parts and got it started with starter fluid. The widow got on it once and drove it into the ditch and I managed to get it out without rolling it but she parked it and walked away. Didn't even take the keys out! 6-7 years later I asked if she was interested in getting rid of it and she gave it to me. I've probably put a thousand in parts in it but still a bargain. I do chores for her all the time so I don't feel too bad.
I would like to chat with her last mechanic? though.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #7,373  
In all fairness, I think she may have went with the cheapest she could find. I've found that "lowest bidder" rarely translates to quality work...

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #7,375  
Got some dirt moved over the weekend, and leveled out some spots around the yard. Also got a post removed by the lower driveway. It was left over from a long defunct grape row, and The Wife has been asking for its removal for awhile now. I dug around it a bit, and decided to use the tractor to pull it out. It was deeper than I estimated, and wouldn't come out easily just pulling with a chain. So, I wrapped the chain around the bucket and pulled it up instead. This was a reminder that I still need to get some hooks welded to the bucket. Think I'll do that this week.
Post pull 1.JPG

Post pull 2.JPG

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #7,377  
I had pulled a couple of posts earlier this year using a fulcrum. Didn't work here, so lifting with the loader did the trick. That post was buried about 4 feet.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #7,380  
several hours on the Kubota today, mowing roadsides, then came back and took the mower off, put the rear blade on, went over to neighbor's farm and redid his sandy 500 foot driveway which had two foot deep potholes in it. My other neighbor, the EMT, was complaining their EMT rig was going to break an axle in there so figured I'd do it again. So sandy, without gravel, the depressions come back, plus this guy does absolutely zero to take care of it. No money, tractor broken, sad shape. Everything Attachments extreme duty blade worked very well.
Without a couple loads of crusher run in there, this will be job security for me. Of course due to chronic alcoholism he doesn't have a driver's license, nor will he ever get one, so not like a lot of cars go in there. But I guess it would be nice not to have the ambulance break there...