Ever take the tractor somewhere you know you should not?

/ Ever take the tractor somewhere you know you should not? #1  

RobJ

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L2500
I thought I could go there, and did, but ended up getting stuck on the way. Been stuck 3 times with the little L. All 3 just like this, dry as a bone, but the attachment was hung up, not high enough. The left wheel was off the ground. Had to get the truck and pull it out. I tried for a while.

On to the "bad" part, no problem there. A little steeper than it looks. No mud in the little branch, the slope worried me. I doctored the crossing and made it back home. Then had to walk back for the truck, only 1/3 mile or so.

Attachments

• tractor-stuck.JPG
    tractor-stuck.JPG
    226.3 KB · Views: 812
  • tractor-branch-boxblade (1).JPG
    tractor-branch-boxblade (1).JPG
    219.4 KB · Views: 593
  • tractor-branch-boxblade (2).JPG
    tractor-branch-boxblade (2).JPG
    215.3 KB · Views: 491
  • tractor-branch-boxblade (4).JPG
    tractor-branch-boxblade (4).JPG
    214 KB · Views: 412
   / Ever take the tractor somewhere you know you should not? #2  
Rob,

Nothing quite as annoying as getting stuck!!!! I did it a few weeks ago at last light and had to walk back to the house in the dark. The next day I pulled it out, but if I had more daylight, or hadn't been trying to make one more pass, I wouldn't have taken that turn so wide and ended up in the ditch. Hopefully you are smarter then I am and don't repeat these things!!!!

Eddie

/ Ever take the tractor somewhere you know you should not? #3  
It's no fun getting stuck but it's worst when it's a dry stuck:)

/ Ever take the tractor somewhere you know you should not? #4  
wushaw said:
It's no fun getting stuck but it's worst when it's a dry stuck:)

A dry stuck will wound your pride, a wet one will cover you in mud, snow, slush, road salt, and possibly reconstituted manure.

I would much rather recover from a dry one...

/ Ever take the tractor somewhere you know you should not? #5  
After you get stuck pretty good a couple times, you become paranoid. Even more paranoid with the tractor than the truck. I guess with the truck it's usually more accessable while the tractor is "out there" and harder to get to when it happens. I always carry chain and a come-along, too. Paranoia is that little voice saying, "don't do it", while your ego is saying, "Imma traktor man an kin doze thru that".

/ Ever take the tractor somewhere you know you should not? #6  
I agree with Redbug. Ego has done me in a couple of times in exactly the same area :rolleyes:. Jay

/ Ever take the tractor somewhere you know you should not? #7  
At any time during your stuck episode, did you ever wish for 4wd and or a loader? If you would have had those, you would have been able to get stuck better. JC

/ Ever take the tractor somewhere you know you should not? #8  
If I only had two wheel drive... I would be stuck 3 times a day!!! And a big "thank you", to whomever invented the differential lock. :D

/ Ever take the tractor somewhere you know you should not? #9  
Redbug said:
"Imma traktor man an kin doze thru that"
Do you hear the little voices too ?

/ Ever take the tractor somewhere you know you should not? #10  
Took mine out after a good rain and that was a no no:D

Stuck5.jpg

Stuck4.jpg

Stuck3.jpg