Ever take the tractor somewhere you know you should not?

/ Ever take the tractor somewhere you know you should not? #11  
Willl...Jay,

Wow! I thought I was the only one hearing voices! Sometimes they say..."Stay home from work and mess with the tractor" or "Go fishing!". You need to listen to that "inner voice". Now...Mr. Ego will get you into trouble. I try not to listen to him, even though he tells me how much fun we will have. He sits on my left shoulder, Mr. Paranoia sits on my right...

Guess who I listened to in this picture...

Attachments

• Club -Tractor w John 5-28-2007 001.jpg
    Club -Tractor w John 5-28-2007 001.jpg
    330.5 KB · Views: 554
   / Ever take the tractor somewhere you know you should not? #12  
Robj, I don't know how you do as well as you do with 2WD. 4WD has saved me so much trouble in no-traction situations, that I now view it as a virtual necessity for small tractors. Basically I operate mine as 2WD tractors with a built in recovery system. Operating alone, as I do, 4WD is some of the best money I've ever spent.
Bob

/ Ever take the tractor somewhere you know you should not? #13  
Last summer during the drought my pond was getting low. So I thought it would be a perfect time to repair the banks. It wasn稚 as dry as I thought the tractor kept sliding toward the water. If I only waited one more month I would not have gotten stuck. The more I tried backing out the more it would slide toward the water and deeper it would sink. Ended up having my daughter to pull me out with my truck.

Attachments

• phone pics 027.jpg
    phone pics 027.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 487
  • phone pics 028.jpg
    phone pics 028.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 492
  • phone pics 029.jpg
    phone pics 029.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 400
   / Ever take the tractor somewhere you know you should not? #14  
Boy I hear ya!! One day I had my Kioti 40dkse tractor and my Kubota ZTR 326 stuck in the mud buy my pond,no fun.I had to hook 2 snatch-em straps connected together to my 4X4 dodge truck to get both out.I think they call it a DUMB ***** attack !!coobie

/ Ever take the tractor somewhere you know you should not? #15  
I have a JD 2010 2 wheel drive row crop tractor. I had just finished dragging and disking an area that I keep worked up when a little voice told me to clear the dirt out of a 5'x5'x3 foot deep pit that I dug a few years ago to collect snow melt and rain run off. I did pretty good on the East side of the pit and thought I was doing real good on the South side when I filled the FEL with a load of dirt and sand and tried to back out. The rear tires started to spin and dig in so I thought I should dump the the load and get away before I got stuck. I dumped the load and when I did the front wheels slid down into the pit. Thinking I could use the FEL to help me get backed out of the pit I ended up buried in sand up to the rear axle and the draw bar was buried 4 inches into the dirt.
Took me three hours with jacks, shovel, wood jack blocks and a lot of concrete chunks to get free. I knew I should have parked the tractor in the barn and quit for the day.

/ Ever take the tractor somewhere you know you should not? #16  
I got stuck so bad it took a Hummer and two trucks to pull me out. Then the Hummer got stuck to the frame. I had just moved into my new house and managed to meet several neighbors along the way. That's when I put a 2" receiver on the front brush guard and bought a small Warn Works winch. Never been stuck since for long.

/ Ever take the tractor somewhere you know you should not?
RollTideRam said:
At any time during your stuck episode, did you ever wish for 4wd and or a loader? If you would have had those, you would have been able to get stuck better. JC

Probably either of those would have gotten me out. But there was a lot of pressure on the BB. I adjusted one side of the 3pt to pick up the box a bit, move about an inch. Several good tugs with the pick up got it out. FEL, 4wd, would be nice, but I like not paying for it too!! All this one cost me is about 45 minutes, a couple nice walks through the woods, and some water I needed. :D I don't venture to far from the flat stuff. BBing that branch was out of that zone. Mainly because of the weight of the BB on my little L. Even If I had a FEL it might be off most of the time. I would have storage issues with the extra lenght and an implement in my 20' garage.

/ Ever take the tractor somewhere you know you should not? #18  
I used to hire myself out to mow fields for people. One sweet little 'ol lady called asking if I would mow her field for her. I always look over the piece before I commit myself to it. After walking it she mention that the edge on the far side of the field has a bit of dampness to it. That should have been the red flag I usually look for but, nope, my first pass with my JD4500 (4X4 with FEL) and it sank in muck. Now this tractor has 15 inch ground clearance and the muck was over the top of the front axle and up to the rear axle. With the R4 tires on the 4500, I couldn't budge. I tried using the FEL to push me out - no luck, it sunk in the muck. I ended up calling a wrecker to pull me out. 2 hours later I was back on dry land mowing to my little hearts content. After that little episode I purchased R1 tires and I haven't been stuck again...knocking on wood... Roger

/ Ever take the tractor somewhere you know you should not? #19  
When I read the title of this thread I was expecting wedding pictures. :p

/ Ever take the tractor somewhere you know you should not? #20  
NOW THAT IS FUNNY.