What tools on your tractor?

/ What tools on your tractor? #21  
workinallthetime - Where does one find a metric crescent wrench? :D

Right next to the left handed hammers in the odd tool dept!

actually - I have one in my truck - Crescent brand and it's got inch measurements printed on one side and metric on the other for quick ID of the nut before you go get a 6 point socket to do the job right. :D

/ What tools on your tractor? #22  
Erik_in_Hoyt wrote - actually - I have one in my truck - Crescent brand and it's got inch measurements printed on one side and metric on the other for quick ID of the nut before you go get a 6 point socket to do the job right. :D

Eric,
Only a true Kansain could come up with that whopper. Show us a pic. ;) ;) ;)

MissouriThunder

/ What tools on your tractor? #23  
3lb sldge
various pins
12" adjustable wrench
fence pliers (hammer, wire cutter, you know the ones)
huge bolts (that can double as pins)
perhaps a zip tie or 2
D-ring (2 diffrent sizes)
16" (or whatever size fits in the box) pry bar (automotive type)

its kinda a catch all for various nuts/bolts etc

No screwdrivers or needle nose pliers because i always have my leatherman on me.

btw the list is in order of what is most commonly used. (one of the top three are likely used just about every time i get on the tractor)

/ What tools on your tractor? #24  
workinallthetime - Where does one find a metric crescent wrench? :D

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to catch on to that.
Funny story:
We got a new Mac tool guy at the shop, I told him i needed a new metric cressant wrench and to just get me one and id pay him for it, about an hour later he comes in with 3 and tells me all he has are standards but they look like they should work on metric heads to.
After the entire shop was rolling on the floor laughin so hard he felt real smart.

/ What tools on your tractor? #25  
All the basic stuff already mentioned in anddition to big can of WD-40 and Fiskars Ax which hangs from the ROPS with a big zip tie.

A fire extinquisher is a good idea.

I used to work summers on a telephone line crew. During a heat wave and draught we drove the pole truck into some deep grass. In about ten minutes a fire popped up under the truck getting bigger real fast. I snuffed it real quick with a fire extinguisher. The truck had fire extinguishers all over it.

/ What tools on your tractor? #26  
I was wondering how long it would take for someone to catch on to that.
Funny story:
We got a new Mac tool guy at the shop, I told him i needed a new metric cressant wrench and to just get me one and id pay him for it, about an hour later he comes in with 3 and tells me all he has are standards but they look like they should work on metric heads to.
After the entire shop was rolling on the floor laughin so hard he felt real smart.

When we were building a deck a neighbor hovered over us so we told him we were running short on Metric Deck Screws. He ran to his truck to go to Lowes for us. I wish I was a fly on the wall when he asked the guy there for them.

Chris

/ What tools on your tractor? #28  
Missourthunder,

I am impressed, I am a gun nut too! What do you keep your pistols in in the tool box? zip up cases?

-Mike

/ What tools on your tractor? #29  
mcd176,
In all seriousness, I keep all 27 of em locked up in the gun safe. As a former law enforcement officer, gun safety trumps keeping one hidden in case of an emergency. I have three teenage sons and I could just see one of them snooping through the tractor and finding a loaded weapon (all three have their hunter safety's card by the way). It was merely one of my staged photos that I couldn't resist posting. :D :D :D

You got me thinking though, how would an M2 50-cal machine gun look mounted on the hood. Hmmmm... The weapons pool is just two miles from the house...

MissouriThunder

Last edited:
   / What tools on your tractor? #30  
I keep most items people have mentioned plus a small punch and extra shear bolts for my cutter. JC