Got my tractor stuck and it didn't get dirty

/ Got my tractor stuck and it didn't get dirty #1  

Big Bri

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5100
So i've gotten my truck stuck before, and i've gotten a tractor stuck before, but never in my life have i gotten a trailer stuck.

Went to cut a small lot i own a couple miles (4) from the house, put the tractor on the trailer and kiss the wife good by. She tells me "ya know you could have driven there on the tractor quicker than what it took you to load that thing on the trailer" well the trailer is new to me so i like using it, i also hate getting there and need something and not have my truck to leave. so i use the trailer.
anyway i start backing down the driveway, traffic was kinda heavy (i live on a busy hwy) so i thought i'd turn the trailer around in the yard. Big mistake! ! ! i felt the trailer slow as i turned it into the yard, tried to pull forward but it wasn't budging. the tires just spun on the limestone drive. Got out to look and this is what i found.
thought to my self just unload the tractor and pull my self out. . . no that can't work, the ramps won't go down. boy am i in trouble. Thought about driving off the back using the FEL but decided not to (was unsure if i'd clear the bottom of the tractor)
went inside told my wife what i did, ya she laughed, had an i told you so moment. me being a smart butt told her that we need a second tractor or skid steer and we wouldn't have this problem:D she fires back "if you didn't have the tractor i wouldn't have the problem":( well after digging, unhooking and re hooking up the trailer (3 times) i finally got it out. took about an hour and 45 min. to get free.
BTW i did get my grass cut before dark:)
Brian

Attachments

• tractor 041.jpg
    tractor 041.jpg
    941.2 KB · Views: 2,923
   / Got my tractor stuck and it didn't get dirty #2  
Not fun when you get the rig stuck, I got myself stuck when I was in a guy's backyard, and slid on some super soft and wet turf and jacknifed by truck and trailer against a tree. Was totally stuck, I had to unhook and drive out and then come back at another angle. The worst feeling as it is happening.

Glad it all worked out, sooner or later you always get out, just a question of how much damage in the process.

Nice trailer, and tractor for that matter.

Joel

/ Got my tractor stuck and it didn't get dirty #3  
Ouch! Sorry you had to go through that. Was the ground soft from rain?
Dave.

/ Got my tractor stuck and it didn't get dirty
Not fun when you get the rig stuck, I got myself stuck when I was in a guy's backyard, and slid on some super soft and wet turf and jacknifed by truck and trailer against a tree. Was totally stuck, I had to unhook and drive out and then come back at another angle. The worst feeling as it is happening.

Glad it all worked out, sooner or later you always get out, just a question of how much damage in the process.

Nice trailer, and tractor for that matter.

Joel
thats what i had to do, i think i could have pulled out the first time if i had a concrete drive. The single axle just kept breaking free on the lime.

Ouch! Sorry you had to go through that. Was the ground soft from rain?
Dave.

Ya we have had a lot of rain. . . i also cut a large oak from there about 2 years ago. . . had the stump ground and i back filled with dirt. guess it hasn't packed enough.
brian

/ Got my tractor stuck and it didn't get dirty #6  
Still better than forgetting a wrench.:D

/ Got my tractor stuck and it didn't get dirty #7  
Ya we have had a lot of rain. . . i also cut a large oak from there about 2 years ago. . . had the stump ground and i back filled with dirt. guess it hasn't packed enough.
brian

Seems like medium to large stumps always have a ring of very soggy ground around them during wet periods. I have noticed that too. Not sure why.
Dave.

/ Got my tractor stuck and it didn't get dirty #8  
I have been there but ussually just unload the tractor (reason I don't like flip ramps). It always seems to happen on jobs we have to do the restoral.

I have been there but ussually just unload the tractor (reason I don't like flip ramps). It always seems to happen on jobs we have to do the restoral.

ya i never would of thought that i would have had this problem. This is the first time i've owned a trailer with flip up ramps, this is a negative side of flip up ramps (that i learned the hard way) but i'm not getting rid of the trailer:D

/ Got my tractor stuck and it didn't get dirty #10  
Just thinking out loud so correct me. Could you have backed off the trailer with just the back tires and had the FEL to support the front. Then back off some more until the front wheels had cleared. Then lift the FEL and drive away? I realize you might scratch up the trailer deck a little and the bottom of the bucket..
Like I said just thinking out loud.