Got my tractor stuck and it didn't get dirty

/ Got my tractor stuck and it didn't get dirty #11  
See, Ya'all just need a smaller tractor.......... :D :D

/ Got my tractor stuck and it didn't get dirty
Just thinking out loud so correct me. Could you have backed off the trailer with just the back tires and had the FEL to support the front. Then back off some more until the front wheels had cleared. Then lift the FEL and drive away? I realize you might scratch up the trailer deck a little and the bottom of the bucket..
Like I said just thinking out loud.
i thought about doing that but was scared that i might hang up the bottom of the tractor the bottom of the ramps (which is the top in the picture) is open
so if i were to back up the tractor the wheels would fall in 3 holes each about 18 to 24" in length. You would have to see it to under stand. i'll take a picture and show ya tomorrow.
i guess i could have put some boards across them. . . didn't think about that:cool:

would not worry about scratching the bucket or trailer as i do use my tractor hard and trailer is just that a trailer:)
brian

/ Got my tractor stuck and it didn't get dirty #13  
All is well that ends well.

Joel

/ Got my tractor stuck and it didn't get dirty #14  
do you think if you had of unhooked the tractor and drove it as far forward on the trailer as posible it would have helped? My thinking is it would give the tow rig more traction and take the preasure off of the trailer wheels. Is the spot where you got stuck out in the open where everyone can see you? Drives me nuts knowing people are watching me do stupid stuff.
Rob

do you think if you had of unhooked the tractor and drove it as far forward on the trailer as posible it would have helped? My thinking is it would give the tow rig more traction and take the preasure off of the trailer wheels. Is the spot where you got stuck out in the open where everyone can see you? Drives me nuts knowing people are watching me do stupid stuff.
Rob

good idea, didn't think of that. i think i just had tunnel vision. . .i thought that i couldn't get the tractor off so lets start digging.
it was out in the open, my neighbor stop by, he told me "boy that sucks, i'll get the beer" He's a smart man, he never came back:eek: i with you about people seeing my screw ups, drives me crazy! !

Just thinking out loud so correct me. Could you have backed off the trailer with just the back tires and had the FEL to support the front. Then back off some more until the front wheels had cleared. Then lift the FEL and drive away? I realize you might scratch up the trailer deck a little and the bottom of the bucket..
Like I said just thinking out loud.
here's that photo of the ramps, after looking at it again today i don't think it would have worked, the tires would fall in the last square and when i try to go over the last angle it would be to hard to go up it and then slow down before the tractor drops off suddenly. i hope i expland that right:rolleyes:
thanks brian

Attachments

• Picture 077.jpg
    Picture 077.jpg
    462.8 KB · Views: 128
   / Got my tractor stuck and it didn't get dirty #17  
pull the pins on the ramps take ramp off and drive off is that possible?

tom

/ Got my tractor stuck and it didn't get dirty #18  
here's that photo of the ramps, after looking at it again today i don't think it would have worked, the tires would fall in the last square and when i try to go over the last angle it would be to hard to go up it and then slow down before the tractor drops off suddenly. i hope i expland that right:rolleyes:
thanks brian

Hey no problem. I see what you are talking about. Seems like there is other ideas that may have worked just as well. My ramps aren't attached and my trailer is lower so I could drive off without too much danger of flipping. Next time just let your wife take care of the matter,:D

/ Got my tractor stuck and it didn't get dirty #19  
Glad you got your rig out but I like to think outside the box.....I would have unhooked the trailer, driven to the closest dealer and taken a 4wd truck for a test drive. Then after pulling the trailer out with the 4wd tell my wife I need a new truck. :D

Glad you got your rig out but I like to think outside the box.....I would have unhooked the trailer, driven to the closest dealer and taken a 4wd truck for a test drive. Then after pulling the trailer out with the 4wd tell my wife I need a new truck. :D

I like the way you think