I'm an idiot

/ I'm an idiot #11  
Re: I\'m an idiot

Experience is what you learn from your mistakes, Education is what you learn from others mistakes!!!!/w3tcompact/icons/clever.gif

We should call it the EDUCATION forum, not the Blooper /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ I'm an idiot #12  

<font color=blue>"We should call it the EDUCATION forum, not the Blooper."</font color=blue>

I agree with the concept. But be honest now. Which forum would YOU visit first? The one labeled <font color=blue>EDUCATION</font color=blue>, or the one labeled <font color=blue>BLOOPERS</font color=blue>? <font color=red>Be honest now!!</font color=red>/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ I'm an idiot #13  

Golfgar4,
I have a buddy who calls things like these "glees" as in great learning experience.
Nick

/ I'm an idiot #14  

I like that! Easy to remember!

I've always said that the person responsible for these kinds of glees was guilty of <font color=blue>Operator head space and timing</font color=blue>. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ I'm an idiot #15  

Golfgar4,
Is that similar to the rectal/cranial inversion?
Nick

/ I'm an idiot #16  

<font color=blue>"Is that similar to the rectal/cranial inversion?"</font color=blue>

Second cousin - twice removed!/w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ I'm an idiot #17  

I must be from the old school, and still use <font color=blue>"S.N.A.F.U."</font color=blue> for those unique situations. It stands for <font color=blue>"Situation Normal All Fowled Up."</font color=blue> Of course there is a censored version to this also.

/ I'm an idiot #18  

Don't worry I've done a few of those slick moves as well. Well never on a pool but slick moves just the same.

You all know on the other tread running about the hst and my feelings on how good they are right? Well here is where they aren't so good. Backing up slow and then hear that grinding sound. So in my haste I slam down forward on the hst pedal. Well this does two things gets me moving quick but also squats the rear of the tractor for a second. You all know a second is all it takes. Amazing how quick fence wire can wrap up on a cutter once it starts.

Or the time I broke off the bird house with the front bucket. Then I get the great idea to just push it back in with the bucket. So I push it back in some all is fine. Well I decide to go just another couple of inches and the house breaks off the post. Doesn't get any better than that. Glad I had a cordless drill in the truck.

I think everyone who operates does a whoopsy from time to time. Well I do anyway

Gordon

/ I'm an idiot #19  

When I was a little tyke, 10 or 11, Grandpa had me mow his back garden area with a sickle mower. He even explained how to mow around the 3" diameter trunks of his apple trees. Put the tree on the right side, mow up to the tree, hit the turn brake and turn around the tree. So I mowed up to the tree, hit the left turn brake and clipped that sucker off at ground level pretty as you please. After I stopped running, and he caught his breath after my beating, he explained I was supposed to use the right turn brake. Those of you who have mowed with a sickle mower know exactly what I'm talking about. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ I'm an idiot #20  

I cut the corner of my second story patio while riding around on my Farmall with the cart. My wife was frantically trying to get me to stop. I finally noticed her, and stopped. Unfortunately the corner post of the deck was now at a 45 degree angle. /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif

After I backed around it, I kicked it back in place. To this day when I walk or ride around that corner I look down at the concrete anchor strip that is still bent out.

Lucky for us the deck had six other posts holding it up.....
/w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif

-Mike Z.