Problems with float

/ Problems with float
Ok there's your problem and that's why I suggest that at first you do it with the loader off the ground.

Because it's lifting the machine you back off before engaging float, it kinda scares you away.
If it's staying there when machine is off then you should be good to go, once you get the hang of it, it wont scare you and you'll do it confidently, but with the bucket on the ground it's a little harder cause it seems like your doing something wrong, also not sure but with the weight on it, it may be harder to engage float. if you do get it to go in with the front end up in the air it will crash down making you think you're really doing something wrong.

JB.

Thank you for the information - I'll have to try when and if I get the FEL back on - right now I have the front mount snowblower with a quick hitch - I should be able to get this into float also.... I hate to have stuff crashing down to the ground, yes it makes me think I'm doing something wrong.

/ Problems with float #12  
Really no reason to engage float with bucket on the ground, for me I use float for snow removal on every pass and just engage float as bucket is going down. I can do it no problem when bucket is on the ground but just not necessary.

That up and down bucking has scared many newbies, there has been several discussions just like this. :)

/ Problems with float
Really no reason to engage float with bucket on the ground, for me I use float for snow removal on every pass and just engage float as bucket is going down. I can do it no problem when bucket is on the ground but just not necessary.

That up and down bucking has scared many newbies, there has been several discussions just like this. :)

Its funny you say to engage float as the bucket is going down - my Uncle's JD, he will engage it like 6 feet off the ground - but it works great so no need to worry --- me on the other hand, a rookie, I'll have to try it out - we are getting several snow storms and now that I have the snowblower on it'd be nice to float it instead of trying to move it up and down as I go...

/ Problems with float #14  
Thank you for the information - I'll have to try when and if I get the FEL back on - right now I have the front mount snowblower with a quick hitch - I should be able to get this into float also.... I hate to have stuff crashing down to the ground, yes it makes me think I'm doing something wrong.

Is the loader valve used to control the raising and lowering of the blower?
If so then I would think that you will need float to keep the blower following the contour of the ground.

IMO, You just have to more confidently push it in.

JB.

/ Problems with float #15  
now that I have the snowblower on it'd be nice to float it instead of trying to move it up and down as I go...

Absolutely, I don't have experience with front mounted blowers but would think it would be a necessity.

/ Problems with float
Is the loader valve used to control the raising and lowering of the blower?
If so then I would think that you will need float to keep the blower following the contour of the ground.

IMO, You just have to more confidently push it in.

JB.

Yes, the loader control stays on the tractor and I use it to raise and lower the blower which is hooked to a quick hitch on the front bumper. I'll try it tonight and see how loud of a bang it makes if float isn't working properly haha

/ Problems with float #17  
Yes, the loader control stays on the tractor and I use it to raise and lower the blower which is hooked to a quick hitch on the front bumper. I'll try it tonight and see how loud of a bang it makes if float isn't working properly haha

If working properly you would back up with blower lifted and as you start forward you would lower blower close to ground and then hit float, so the blower wont come down to hard.

Good luck, I've got to go out and clear a couple of inches, gonna be dark in an hour and I've been procrastinating all day.
jb

/ Problems with float #18  
Wait a second, you say it will stay in the up position?

That's not normal, which way are you moving the stick for up?
You may just have the 2 lines reversed, meaning when you push stick loader goes up and when you pull stick back loader goes down.

jb

JB

He has a Kubota, the joystick is mounted up on the loader mast, so moving the stick "UP" to him is your "Forward"

Also, many Kubota users have to keep their hand on the joystick to keep it in the float detent because to the joystick orientation-often whey they hit a bump the joystick will pop out of the detent.

/ Problems with float #19  
Well that explains alot, Me not knowing what he means by up and down :confused:

I could see how with a vertically mounted valve that it might bump out. That might get annoying, but with power steering and hydro, I'm mostly resting my right hand on the loader stick anyway, though holding it "UP" might not be easy.

JB

/ Problems with float