Teaching Mowing

/ Teaching Mowing
Checking the old photo album, I guess I started a little earlier than that...

Hey! That's an old Panzer. I just bought one like that last summer. NEAT tractor.

/ Teaching Mowing #23  
It's a 1960, T70B and I still have it. I am SLOWLY restoring it.....

Attachments

• IMG_1479.jpg
    IMG_1479.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 187
   / Teaching Mowing
It's a 1960, T70B and I still have it. I am SLOWLY restoring it.....

I don't mean to derail my own thread, but I have to say that looks incredible. If you haven't already seen it, this article gives the story of a Panzer restoration. They are neat old tractors. I can't believe how solid they are.

/ Teaching Mowing #25  
My daughter is 5 and I got her a Barbie Jeep when she was 3. She came to me one day and said she wanted a wagon to pull behind it like daddys tractor. So off to HF to get 2 cheap wheels and used some scrap steel and ply wood along with some old decking boards and she now has a trailer, not a wagon. Anyway we built it together and she got to help me paint it purple. It was a good project that cost a total of $10. She loves that thing. She hitches it up herself and everything. If I am ever missing anything its probably being toted around the yard in that trailer.

Last week I was putting together a new power washer and I asked her to take the old one to the pole barn. I got a chuckle out of her going and getting her Jeep, hitching up the trailer and loading it up. It took her a half dozen tries but she back the thing up to the trash cans to throw it away.

Will she be allowed to mow when she is 8? Not sure but do not know why not if she has the interest and is as responsible as my niece is who is now 10. I am a firm believer of starting them off early. Teaching them right. Ect. It will make them more responsible when it comes to getting behind the wheel of a car.

Chris

/ Teaching Mowing #27  
My daughter is 5 and I got her a Barbie Jeep when she was 3. She came to me one day and said she wanted a wagon to pull behind it like daddys tractor. So off to HF to get 2 cheap wheels and used some scrap steel and ply wood along with some old decking boards and she now has a trailer, not a wagon. Anyway we built it together and she got to help me paint it purple. It was a good project that cost a total of $10. She loves that thing. She hitches it up herself and everything. If I am ever missing anything its probably being toted around the yard in that trailer.

Last week I was putting together a new power washer and I asked her to take the old one to the pole barn. I got a chuckle out of her going and getting her Jeep, hitching up the trailer and loading it up. It took her a half dozen tries but she back the thing up to the trash cans to throw it away.

Will she be allowed to mow when she is 8? Not sure but do not know why not if she has the interest and is as responsible as my niece is who is now 10. I am a firm believer of starting them off early. Teaching them right. Ect. It will make them more responsible when it comes to getting behind the wheel of a car.

Chris

Absolutly let them try it if YOU think that they have the mental ability to do it but supervision is VERY important. Both my grandkids started that way (8 and 10) and one is now driving semi and the other is a proficient mechanic.

/ Teaching Mowing

Chris

You get my vote for Dad of the month (if not the year) for that one. You know full well that she'll remember that little trailer for the rest of her life. Be sure to get a few pictures for your scrapbook.

/ Teaching Mowing #29  
You get my vote for Dad of the month (if not the year) for that one. You know full well that she'll remember that little trailer for the rest of her life. Be sure to get a few pictures for your scrapbook.

Agreed and on the pictures/video. My kids are all grown, but we still have the pictures to take us back.

I would like to see a picture of her rig myself.

/ Teaching Mowing #30  
Sailorman,

I think you're right, or more correctly, I think I've got the wheels on backwards. I had them off while I was working on it, then, threw them back on to move it to our new place, and I haven't messed with it since.

I was actually getting ready to repaint the wheels, that's why the trash bags are on there.....

Good catch.