Oil & Fuel Hydraulic Oil Replacement

/ Hydraulic Oil Replacement #21  
yep.. if they made a reasonable markup and spread it around so that it wasn't a single product 'breaking it off in you'.. then yeah.. I'd buy branded hydro oil too.

soundguy

/ Hydraulic Oil Replacement #22  
I think I understand what you say. The hydro fluid that goes into my Cub Cadet garden tractor is almost $100 per gallon. The word on the street is that it is nothing special at all, perhaps just thin oil. I hear the argument between the UDT and the Super UDT -standard. Those are different products to me. If your product requires Super UDT, so be it.Let that be known as sub-cut UDT. If it was designed to work with one or the other,let that be known, but don't try to scare everyone with the special formulation bulls**t that is in my opinion smoke and mirrors. Make a good quality fluid that works and sell it at a fair price and we will buy it. Most of us will pay a small premium for a branded product. I want my dealer to make money. I want him to stay around.

Consider as well that none of these tractor builders are oil companies. None, AFAIK, make their own fluids. They have real oil companies make/blend them for them. It's the whole "secret formula" part of it all that is indeed frustrating. No auto maker, nor motorcycle builder quite polishes the apple as well as these tractor builders do on these fluids/filters.