Oh...No!!!

/ Oh...No!!! #1  

CompactTractorFan

Tractor
Kubota BX25
Well, I figured it would happen sooner or later... Today when I was removing a tree (thread to come ;)) I was back-filling the hole and I thought that it was completlly full. Of course there was a spot that was not, so I drove right in and one of my back wheels started spinning. :mad: The 4WD did nothing. :mad: Fortunately, I was able to get free with the backhoe. :rolleyes: Here is a picture after I got out:

Attachments

• 000_0043.JPG
    000_0043.JPG
    272.4 KB · Views: 908
   / Oh...No!!! #2  
even with 4wd and diffy lock and steering brakes.. that hole was likely deep enough to high center you with as little ground clearance as that machine looks to have.

hope you didn't bend anything on the MMM

soundguy

/ Oh...No!!!
The hole was only a couple inches deep...no damage done! (thankfully:))

/ Oh...No!!! #4  
Just a suggestion... consider taking the mower deck off for any significant dirt work, and grubbing out a stump definitely qualifies as dirt work. It wouldn't take very much of a snag on a rock, a root, a stump or even a ridge of dirt to spring something in the mower deck or the mounting, so we figure it's just better to take it off. Gives you a whole lot more agility on uneven terrain. When the FEL and 3pt implements go on our BX (we don't have a BH), the mower deck comes off, and vice versa.

/ Oh...No!!! #6  
Just a suggestion... consider taking the mower deck off for any significant dirt work, and grubbing out a stump definitely qualifies as dirt work. It wouldn't take very much of a snag on a rock, a root, a stump or even a ridge of dirt to spring something in the mower deck or the mounting, so we figure it's just better to take it off. Gives you a whole lot more agility on uneven terrain. When the FEL and 3pt implements go on our BX (we don't have a BH), the mower deck comes off, and vice versa.

My thoughts exactly.

/ Oh...No!!!

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. We haven't removed the mower yet. How hard is it?

/ Oh...No!!! #9  
I had less than four hours on mine before we got her good n stuck in a drainage ditch. When you've got the thumb attached you're always reaching just a bit farther to get that brush ........

Lucky I had borrowed a pal's 5610 and it was nearby.