Oh...No!!!

/ Oh...No!!! #21  
Hey CTF, did you try using your differential lock?

/ Oh...No!!!
Hey CTF, did you try using your differential lock?

No, beacuse the dealer said to be careful using it (and I still don't understand what it is and how it works...:confused:...I guess I'll have to read the manual again...)

/ Oh...No!!! #23  
No, beacuse the dealer said to be careful using it (and I still don't understand what it is and how it works...:confused:...I guess I'll have to read the manual again...)

hmmm, i use diff. lock quite a bit on lots of tractors, even on a BX24. It basically locks the rear end and all 4 tires (if in 4wd) to go only strait. I also have had the diff. lock get stuck on before too. You can not steer, even in 4wd, the front tires will just wear. So you have to just drive strait and wait for a "pop" sound, thats the diff. lock disengaging. If used under the rigtht cercumstaces, it will serve you well, it has saved my yanmar from getting stuck many times.:thumbsup:

/ Oh...No!!! #24  
Hi

You might keep in mind that a tractor will get stuck way easier than you think even with 4 wheel drive-- and the differential locked....If you just begin to sense a problem stop immediately and back up, or spend some time getting un stuck :) The bigger the tractor the quicker it will stick itself...Tony

/ Oh...No!!!
hmmm, i use diff. lock quite a bit on lots of tractors, even on a BX24. It basically locks the rear end and all 4 tires (if in 4wd) to go only strait. I also have had the diff. lock get stuck on before too. You can not steer, even in 4wd, the front tires will just wear. So you have to just drive strait and wait for a "pop" sound, thats the diff. lock disengaging. If used under the rigtht cercumstaces, it will serve you well, it has saved my yanmar from getting stuck many times.:thumbsup:

Thanks, you really know your stuff for being the same age as me!!! :thumbsup:

/ Oh...No!!!
Hi

You might keep in mind that a tractor will get stuck way easier than you think even with 4 wheel drive-- and the differential locked....If you just begin to sense a problem stop immediately and back up, or spend some time getting un stuck :) The bigger the tractor the quicker it will stick itself...Tony

Yes, as soon as I got stuck I immediately stopped.