The World According to Monsanto

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / The World According to Monsanto #41  
So quoting one of those "skewed-for-profit" "studies" is the best you can do?

Notice words like "potentially" and "unknown"......Then google "Innuendo", followed by "lemming".....

I dunno if that study is skewed or not, but it was part of the larger article I linked to. Read the article I linked to, not just that paragraph.

But I do know that allergies have been on the rise, it could be aliens causing it for all I know:)

/ The World According to Monsanto #42  
Let's see a large chemical company controls the seed which grows crops resistant to herbicides and produces bountiful supplies to feed the world. This comes down to a personnel decision. You can eat their food or not. I choose not.

/ The World According to Monsanto #43  
Let's see a large chemical company controls the seed which grows crops resistant to herbicides and produces bountiful supplies to feed the world. This comes down to a personnel decision. You can eat their food or not. I choose not.
There is one indisputable fact of life, 'we will all die from it'

/ The World According to Monsanto #44  
I think you are totally misinderstanding my take on GMO foods.

Everything I've said is right on target:

I said that an elected official deemed that the GMO seeds, were the same as natural seed. And that executive order has kept proper testing from being done to food derived from those seeds.

Not to mention that there were patents issued for the seeds. Patents are only issued for things that are signifigantly different from something else. [QOUTE/]

These are facts, not heresay.

What you posted is YOUR interpretation and paraphrasing of deliberately misrepresented/misquoted statements of others. A word or two misquoted, and delivered out of context can have a totally different meaning. GMO's have proven to be as safe as non GMO's.

No argument that patents were issued, as herbicide tolerant seed IS significantly different than NON herbicide tolerant seed in that one can and one cannot tolerate the use of a specific herbicide. That in and of itself implies NOTHING regarding safety or lack thereof.

/ The World According to Monsanto #45  
I think you are totally misinderstanding my take on GMO foods.

Everything I've said is right on target:

What you posted is YOUR interpretation and paraphrasing of deliberately misrepresented/misquoted statements of others. A word or two misquoted, and delivered out of context can have a totally different meaning. GMO's have proven to be as safe as non GMO's.

No argument that patents were issued, as herbicide tolerant seed IS significantly different than NON herbicide tolerant seed in that one can and one cannot tolerate the use of a specific herbicide. That in and of itself implies NOTHING regarding safety or lack thereof.
On this you are totally wrong.

From the article:

Testing
According to FDA regulations, if a company can prove that the composition of the new GMO crop is "substantially equivalent" to the non-GMO counterpart, then it is considered safe, and no other testing is done. So, if the composition of a GMO carrot resembles that of a non-GMO carrot, then it has passed the test.

Read more: Are GMO Foods Safe to Eat? | eHow.com Are GMO Foods Safe to Eat? | eHow.com

My interpretation was spot on, and I reflected that in my posts.

But if you want to get into the 'nitty gritty'......... We really need to take what you say with a 'grain of salt', because you are on the 'benifitting end of GMO crops'.

Myself..........I'm a consumer so in reality, if there is something wrong with GMO foods, then you are unkowingly poisoning me. Because the executive order keeps adequate testing from being done.

/ The World According to Monsanto #46  
On this you are totally wrong.

From the article:

Testing
According to FDA regulations, if a company can prove that the composition of the new GMO crop is "substantially equivalent" to the non-GMO counterpart, then it is considered safe, and no other testing is done. So, if the composition of a GMO carrot resembles that of a non-GMO carrot, then it has passed the test.

Read more: Are GMO Foods Safe to Eat? | eHow.com Are GMO Foods Safe to Eat? | eHow.com

My interpretation was spot on, and I reflected that in my posts.

But if you want to get into the 'nitty gritty'......... We really need to take what you say with a 'grain of salt', because you are on the 'benifitting end of GMO crops'.

Myself..........I'm a consumer so in reality, if there is something wrong with GMO foods, then you are unkowingly poisoning me. Because the executive order keeps adequate testing from being done.

Again, google Lemming......

Take it with what ever condiment you so desire. Salt may indeed make your skewed/selectively misrepresented/misquoted/paraphrased/contrived "facts" from a not so credible source more palatable for you. As for your failure to comprehend the meaning of what you've read, I doubt any amount of salt will change those preconceived (albeit incorrect) notions.

I just LOVE it when anti GMO folks talk out of one side of their mouths about how companies like Monsanto hold farmers hostage, then from the OTHER side of their mouth comes catchy little phrases like "benefitting end of GMO crops"....Which is it? You can't have it both ways....

And "unknowingly poisoning you"....Now THAT's funny stuff right there!

/ The World According to Monsanto #47  
Again, google Lemming......

Take it with what ever condiment you so desire. Salt may indeed make your skewed/selectively misrepresented/misquoted/paraphrased/contrived "facts" more palatable for you. As for your failure to comprehend the meaning of what you've read, I doubt any amount of salt will change that.
I don't need to google anything, what I said is factually corect.

Due to the executive order, the FDA doesn't study GMO foods adequately.

That fact is what is fueling the debate.

And as I said, anything you say on the subject is skewed because you plant, and reap the rewards of GMO crops.

I'm not saying you are right or wrong, and you can't conclusively say that GMO has no long term effects on people, because of the executive order.

/ The World According to Monsanto #48  
I don't need to google anything, what I said is factually corect.

Due to the executive order, the FDA doesn't study GMO foods adequately.

That fact is what is fueling the debate.

And as I said, anything you say on the subject is skewed because you plant, and reap the rewards of GMO crops.

I'm not saying you are right or wrong, and you can't conclusively say that GMO has no long term effects on people, because of the executive order.

There are thousands upon thousands of UNBIASED studies done every day in well funded universities across the country. NONE....NOT ONE....ZERO.....can find ANY reason to think GMO's have health risk involved. FDA isn't continuing to waste resources to go on a tree hugger inspired witch hunt quite simply because there is no need to. I CAN say gmo's pose no health issues because I've been able to OBJECTIVELY view many, even be a part of several of those university studies.

And for the record, anger related stress issues WILL cause health issues. They obviously pose more of a risk to your health than all the gmo's in the universe.

Maybe THREE layers of tin foil...?????

/ The World According to Monsanto #49  
I heard a story on the radio a while back about GMO wheat. The person on the radio said that GMO wheat, when baked into bread, is no longer a fiber.

He said it changes to a starch or something, and the type of starch it turns into actually causes fat to be stored in the human body.

Is it true? I dunno, but what I can say, is that Ive seen people gaining weight while eating wheat bread.

Is there a connection, dunno.

The only thing I know for sure is that the executive order has stopped the FDA from testing and tracking these types of things for over 22 years now.

/ The World According to Monsanto #50  
There are thousands upon thousands of UNBIASED studies done every day in well funded universities across the country. NONE....NOT ONE....ZERO.....can find ANY reason to think GMO's have health risk involved. FDA isn't continuing to waste resources to go on a tree hugger inspired witch hunt quite simply because there is no need to. I CAN say gmo's pose no health issues because I've been able to OBJECTIVELY view many, even be a part of several of those university studies.

And for the record, anger related stress issues WILL cause health issues. They obviously pose more of a risk to your health than all the gmo's in the universe.

Maybe THREE layers of tin foil...?????

Is Michael Mann part of the study?

Status
Not open for further replies.