The World According to Monsanto

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / The World According to Monsanto #21  
Actually Monsanto sued, and won, in Canadian court against farmers who did just that. The problem was, their fields became contaminated with windblown Monsanto pollen, conferring the GMO traits to their otherwise pristine crops.

If this is true, then either the Canadian courts are staffed by a bunch of complete idiots or Monsanto bribed the judges. Which one do you think it was?

MoKelly

/ The World According to Monsanto #22  
Actually Monsanto sued, and won, in Canadian court against farmers who did just that. The problem was, their fields became contaminated with windblown Monsanto pollen, conferring the GMO traits to their otherwise pristine crops. Monsanto took them to court for theft and use of their product; even though the farmers did nothing to deliberately or intentionally pick up those traits. Basically ruined their businesses. For that alone I'm willing to burn Monsanto to the ground and execute every one of their managers.

You're conveniently leaving out much of the story. Monsanto doesn't just have people driving around testing every ag field they come across. They were there for a reason. And court cases like that aren't won unless some sort attempt to profit is proven. I certainly wouldn't agree with some of their legal practices, but again, that's another topic.
Your last line tells volume about you, however. :rolleyes:

/ The World According to Monsanto #24  
I studied this in college. Tests done by manufacturers claim the seeds spread for a mile or so I think. Studies done by universities said it was at least 20-30 times that. This is a major issue the public is not told about. There's a reason they created a pure seed bank in the Norwegian mountains.

/ The World According to Monsanto #25  
Tin foil?
Keep drinking the Kool Aid.

/ The World According to Monsanto #26  
We all eat food derived from RR crops. All of us. If you would provide links from credible sources it would help your cause, but I doubt they exist. The funny thing is, glyphoste is far safer than most alternative herbicides but you ignore them because they don稚 have a big name behind them.
Apparently you missed my post, and most assuredly did not click on the link provided, and definetely didn't check the credentials, or history of the parties involved.

And as I posted earlier 'Exuectuve orders by G.H.W. Bush, then by W.J. Clinton, then by G.W. Bush, then by B.H. *****, (who has taken the executive orders on GMO foods to an entirely new level) aren't needed unless there is something to hide'.

/ The World According to Monsanto #27  
They did sue and try and take farms because of anything the crop could pollinate. They also won. But what people are leaving out is when it got sent to an appeals court that court overturned the decision and said that since the pollen was released into the air you then don't have control of it and you can't try and sue for damages.

Is Monsanto a greedy corporation, heck yes. But they are in business to make money. If you want a list of greedy corporations pick up the phone book. You will find the ones in the pages that are yellow.

If people were really serious about corporations going to far they would do things like write their senator and congressman. They would really look hard at the voting records of the elected officials and stop getting their political views off of 15 second sound bites and the Jay Leno monologue.

/ The World According to Monsanto #28  
They did sue and try and take farms because of anything the crop could pollinate. They also won. But what people are leaving out is when it got sent to an appeals court that court overturned the decision and said that since the pollen was released into the air you then don't have control of it and you can't try and sue for damages.

Is Monsanto a greedy corporation, heck yes. But they are in business to make money. If you want a list of greedy corporations pick up the phone book. You will find the ones in the pages that are yellow.

If people were really serious about corporations going to far they would do things like write their senator and congressman. They would really look hard at the voting records of the elected officials and stop getting their political views off of 15 second sound bites and the Jay Leno monologue.

You also apparently missed my post, twice even.

Executive orders ***** any congressman, or senator. Executive orders are not supposed to ***** Sureme Court rulings, but in one case it appears this wasn't the case.

I can't go into specifics, or this thread will be deleted because it is political in nature. But this whole GMO thing is entirely political, and according to studies that have been made public, the GMO food is toxic to people. Executive orders have stymied investigations of the products as a whole........short term as well as long term ramifications of using and ingesting GMO foods, and using meat products from animals that has been fed GMO foods.

/ The World According to Monsanto #29  
You also apparently missed my post, twice even.

Executive orders ***** any congressman, or senator. Executive orders are not supposed to ***** Sureme Court rulings, but in one case it appears this wasn't the case.

And the executive order comes from an elected official.

The court case I was talking about wasn't about research into the GMO, it was about if they could plant a field next to someone and then say you received benefit from their special pollen that the field of GMO released and thus you had to pay R&D costs. The case never touched on if the GMO was good for you or not. That is a separate issue.

/ The World According to Monsanto #30  
And the executive order comes from an elected official.

The court case I was talking about wasn't about research into the GMO, it was about if they could plant a field next to someone and then say you received benefit from their special pollen that the field of GMO released and thus you had to pay R&D costs. The case never touched on if the GMO was good for you or not. That is a separate issue.
If the president can issue an executive order and override the congress or senate, the your arguement in any form is mute.

As I said, there was an executive order, in the last 2 years..........that makes all your arguements null and void.

If you read the link I posted, and think on how to do a proper search on google or yahoo...........you will understand.

The main problem is that most people don't know how to properly search subjects.

Executive order/GMO

Status
Not open for further replies.