Gas Capless car

/ Gas Capless car #11  
I have a capless design on my new f150 and like the idea. The fuel door has a rubber seal to prevent water from getting into the filler area. I like the design and don't see reason for alarm. Replacing a small rubber seal in the filler neck should be cheaper to replace than a fuel cap but I haven't priced one and probably never will. I like that dust and dirt are blocked from the fuel area by the sealing door.

/ Gas Capless car #12  
About 3 months ago, I saw the new F150s on the dealer's lot without gas caps. That was the first time I'd seen that. Of course, I'm old enough to remember when gas caps were not tethered to the vehicle, so they got lost, stolen, etc. And it wasn't at all unusual for people to put gas in their car or truck and drive off with the gas cap left on top of the gas pump.

/ Gas Capless car #13  
About 3 months ago, I saw the new F150s on the dealer's lot without gas caps. That was the first time I'd seen that. Of course, I'm old enough to remember when gas caps were not tethered to the vehicle, so they got lost, stolen, etc. And it wasn't at all unusual for people to put gas in their car or truck and drive off with the gas cap left on top of the gas pump.

You forgot the old standby, a red rag shoved in the fill hole for a cap.

/ Gas Capless car #14  

Been there, done that. :eek:

/ Gas Capless car #16  
I have never heard of this Capless idea until reading this thread. I wasn't even aware that vehicles were equipped with it. After reviewing the posts, I will still vote for the old reliable gas cap.

/ Gas Capless car #17  
I wonder how much hassle it's going to be for body shops repairing quarter panels to get them to seal properly.

The manufacturers have to simplify the gas cap experience so they can add ever more confusing touch-screen crap to the vehicles.

/ Gas Capless car #18  
The concept of the blonde cap was first used on rental cars in the 90's due to huge costs of replacing missing caps and downtime to reset check engine lights.

/ Gas Capless car #19  
I have never heard of this Capless idea until reading this thread. I wasn't even aware that vehicles were equipped with it. After reviewing the posts, I will still vote for the old reliable gas cap.

I'm going to have to ask a couple of guys at work who have new Fords whether they have the capless system or not. I haven't heard of it in Canada, if they do it won't be a deal-killer in a couple of years when I'm truck shopping, but it will be a factor nonetheless.

Sean

/ Gas Capless car #20  
I have it on my F150 super crew. It's OK with me either way, cap or no cap. They furnish a small funnel in case you need to add fuel or fuel supplements from a can.

I have the Ecoboost engine and I really like that.