Gas Capless car

/ Gas Capless car #21  
Will be great for us tow truck drivers when they run out of gas. Just like when they have wheel lug locks and have no idea where the socket is to remove them.

/ Gas Capless car #22  
Agree that it's just another item that will fail down the road, but I'd imagine that you could take one of the cap style filler necks off one of the yard cars and make it work. I doubt that they retooled the area that much, probably just the neck and door.

/ Gas Capless car #23  
It feels weird to fill up the tank and not put a gas cap on. Kinda like going to the bathroom and not zipping up afterwards.

There are just some things you are supposed to do, and putting a gas cap on is one of them. Reminds me of the lady I saw driving down the Interstate, gas flap open, fuel nozzle still in and four feet of hose dangling from the nozzle. She appeared to be rather elderly, probably from the era when the customers didn't fill up their own vehicles. Times change.

/ Gas Capless car #24  
About 3 months ago, I saw the new F150s on the dealer's lot without gas caps. That was the first time I'd seen that. Of course, I'm old enough to remember when gas caps were not tethered to the vehicle, so they got lost, stolen, etc. And it wasn't at all unusual for people to put gas in their car or truck and drive off with the gas cap left on top of the gas pump.

I remember all the gas caps that were left behind, that was a problem.

/ Gas Capless car #26  
I bought a new F150 recently with the capless tank and have no issue, but I'm still trying to figure out what the 710 cap is for! :laughing:

Unknown.jpg

/ Gas Capless car
lol Thats a blond joke

''''''''A blonde woman walks into an auto parts store and the parts man asks how she is doing and what can he do for her. She replies, "Fine, I need a seven-ten cap for my car." The man asks," A seven-ten cap? Where does it go, I've never heard of such a thing?"

The blonde angrily replies, "It goes on top of the engine and don't think just because I'm blonde I don't know what I'm talking about!!" Perplexed, the parts man asks if she would draw him a picture and maybe help him out in figuring out what it is she needs.

Reader: Draw the number 710 in the middle of the paper and draw a circle around the whole number. Now turn the paper upside down.'''''''

/ Gas Capless car #28  
The next thing you know the Gummint will require oil caps to have the word OIL underlined so inDUHviduals won't be confused.

/ Gas Capless car #30  
tad un-easy of a non-lockable gas cap. been waves of thieves over years siphoning out gas.