Who has the biggest tractor on the smallest peice of land?

/ Who has the biggest tractor on the smallest peice of land? #31  
I have my 61 hp Deere 317 on 4 acres. I only run it on about 3 though. ;):laughing: So that is 15.25 hp per acre. :cool:

Attachments

• 054.jpg
    054.jpg
    405.9 KB · Views: 810
   / Who has the biggest tractor on the smallest peice of land?
Doesn't the larger tractors just tear up land and are pretty much useless on grass or any land you don't want tore up. My 3005 is almost to heavy on my lawn. If its wet it will cause tracks. So bigger is not better in a lot of ways. Maybe buy a 1026 and mod the engine to 50 hp, :D

no no no. you have it all wrong buddy. Your supposed to buy too big of a tractor first so you are happy and then worry about all the little issues of it being too big after you bought it. The benefits of having too big out weigh messing your yard up.:thumbsup:

/ Who has the biggest tractor on the smallest peice of land? #33  
Sounds to me a lot of you guys need to buy more land and less tractors.

I think you are on the money there. Last year I considered finding about 20 acres with a long driveway so my 45 HP won't seem so far out of line. But from reading this thread, I am doing just fine with 4 acres.

/ Who has the biggest tractor on the smallest peice of land? #34  
Honestly, I've been really shocked by this thread. I expected to see a couple, I have a 3520 just for the cab to mow my 2 acres, but a couple of these have me wondering what you really use that big of tractors on that small of land for.

/ Who has the biggest tractor on the smallest peice of land? #35  
I have .9999 acres. I own a Kubota MX5100 (50hp) and a BX2660. I think I have a tractor fetish. lol

LOL, I don't feel so bad now!!! My JD 790 is technically on the 1 acre lot that my parents own. I keep it parked at their house, but here's the kicker.... I'm in two hunt clubs, one with 1000 acres, the other with 1300 acres, so that's where it really shines. Their house is just a few miles from both of my hunt clubs, and I'm actually about 60 miles from them so weekends is about the only time I get to use it. Oh yeah, I KNOW I have a tractor fetish! :thumbsup:

/ Who has the biggest tractor on the smallest peice of land? #36  
Martian said:
Honestly, I've been really shocked by this thread. I expected to see a couple, I have a 3520 just for the cab to mow my 2 acres, but a couple of these have me wondering what you really use that big of tractors on that small of land for.

x2 Here I've always thought that my 45 hp was too much for my 10 acres.

/ Who has the biggest tractor on the smallest peice of land? #37  
sandman2234 said:
Hmmmm, almost hate to admit this one...
John Deere 2555 (70hp/65 pto) AND a Ford 7710 (90 hp) 4x4 with duals and a boom mower AND a Duetz 6005 (60 hp) AND a Steiner 525 lawn tractor.

(2.3 acres)

Yes, that is RIGHT two point three acres... but I do have FUN!!
David from jax

I have been wanting a new tractor and my wife said that I need more acreage. We have three acres. I showed her is thread and she said you need more acreage too! Haha. Had to laugh at this for sure

/ Who has the biggest tractor on the smallest peice of land? #38  
Looks like I am still in the running anyway, so far, lol. I just better not let my wife see this thread!!
David from jax

/ Who has the biggest tractor on the smallest peice of land? #39  
Wow, I thought I was bad with my Grand L3240 on just 1-1/2 acres but I am not even in the running with some of you guys :D. I use mine for snow removal, general landscaping and helping out a few neighbors. My property does border a few hundred acres of town forest though.

/ Who has the biggest tractor on the smallest peice of land? #40  
I definitely will not win this thread, but after seeing some of the other comments, I think it will be interesting to see what everybody uses and how many acres they use it on....

JD x920 60" zero turn .75 acre (but I do use it some with my small business)
JD 4320 4x4; 48/40 hp w/fel; 85 acres of general maintenance

I have been considering something along the lines of a 70hp cab to replace my 4320, but it sounds as if I need to consider at least a JD6430 or larger beast to maintain those 85 acres :D