An expensive crazy accident with my Kubota

/ An expensive crazy accident with my Kubota #41  
I have a new L4740. I remove snow by winter and work on wooded properties in the summer. I remove stumps, brush and haul logs with my logging winch. I am very careful but things happen so fast in the woods. Darn beach saplings act as high power spring polls. So far I lost a mirror and a back window. The only people who do not make mistakes are the people who does not do anything. Reading this stuff I going to go make myself some skid plates and bush guards.

snow blowing, landscaping, lot clearing, recreation

When people talk about whether or not to buy a cab I always tell them that I opted for an open station because I use the tractor in the woods as well as snow blowing. That usually gets replies of just cut the branches out of the way. I don't think people understand that you can't always cut everything out of the way. BTW I have lots of Beech and know exactly what you mean.

/ An expensive crazy accident with my Kubota #42  
I have learned the hard way from trying to run a tractor all through the woods. Now I make a tractor road. Then I use a winch and snatch blocks so I can keep the tractor on the road where it and me are relatively safe. Even with the dozer I have to be very careful. Especially with spring poles and standing dead stuff.

Attachments

• WoodRd1.JPG
    WoodRd1.JPG
    709.8 KB · Views: 247
  • WoodsRd2.JPG
    WoodsRd2.JPG
    733.5 KB · Views: 210
  • Winching.JPG
    Winching.JPG
    889 KB · Views: 192
   / An expensive crazy accident with my Kubota #43  
As my pappy used to say: "4 on the floor and a nut behind the wheel".:D