Are you kidding me....

/ Are you kidding me.... #11  
Bless your Mom, but a bigger tractor often means a deeper rut.

You can use the FEL and hoe as built-in jacks too. Use them to get the machine up, then put logs below the tires. Sometimes moving over with the hoe just takes you to a new stuck spot too. "Moving over" would take you a while to get up the slope, which is where you needed to go.

/ Are you kidding me.... #12  
Bless your Mom, but a bigger tractor often means a deeper rut.

I have $1000 that says my tractor would walk right through that in 2wd. (Of course, I will need to find spare time and such, which I have none of right now.) In this case, Mother knows best.

;)

-Phillip

/ Are you kidding me.... #13  
Hasn't been that wet, really. We had less than 3/4 inch last week. Fields are in good shape and planting is going well. I see your home site is partially wooded. That would help hold the water this time of year. You may want to do a "walk around" before mowing next time to be sure it is dry enough for your equipment, or be sure your neighbor is home !! Good luck and enjoy your land.

/ Are you kidding me.... #14  
I have $1000 that says my tractor would walk right through that in 2wd. (Of course, I will need to find spare time and such, which I have none of right now.) In this case, Mother knows best.

;)

-Phillip

Oh, I agree. Arguing with Mom is a losing proposition. :laughing:

/ Are you kidding me.... #15  
The Cat backhoe lifting and moving itself over is an industrial backhoe, not a utility backhoe like the Kubota. Some backhoes don't recommend swinging the rear of the machine with the boom.

/ Are you kidding me.... #16  
The Cat backhoe lifting and moving itself over is an industrial backhoe, not a utility backhoe like the Kubota. Some backhoes don't recommend swinging the rear of the machine with the boom.

Because they don't want the liability risk associated with idiots turning their tractors on their sides. My stance is, it's your machine. Learn how to operate it like an extension of your own body.
As a kid I was always amazed at how my uncle operated the FEL on my Grandparent's JD 4020. He may as well have been picking things up with his own hands. That was my goal, and I believe I have surpassed it. Just as I train my horses to be like my own legs, my tractor may as well be my arms and legs. Can put it anywhere and pick up anything. :)

Just saying, don't give up because you don't operate a backhoe for a living. There are many professionals out there who could learn a thing or two from the people who really practice at home.

-Phillip

/ Are you kidding me.... #17  
Don't think it has anything to do with liability. If they were so concerned with liability, they wouldn't build machines in the first place. An easy way to wreck a utility or farm machine is to try to use it like an industrial machine. They just aren't built as rugged.

/ Are you kidding me.... #18  
Because they don't want the liability risk associated with idiots turning their tractors on their sides. My stance is, it's your machine. Learn how to operate it like an extension of your own body.
As a kid I was always amazed at how my uncle operated the FEL on my Grandparent's JD 4020. He may as well have been picking things up with his own hands. That was my goal, and I believe I have surpassed it. Just as I train my horses to be like my own legs, my tractor may as well be my arms and legs. Can put it anywhere and pick up anything. :)

Just saying, don't give up because you don't operate a backhoe for a living. There are many professionals out there who could learn a thing or two from the people who really practice at home.

-Phillip
Really?

/ Are you kidding me.... #19  
Those CUT'S are designed for loaders and backhoes . The problem was pilot error .

/ Are you kidding me.... #20  

Yea, but I have also worked on assorted farms/ranches, plus I've put in alot of gravel roads and riding arenas...in addition to working on my own place, so I guess I have had the opportunity to get a bit more seat time than the average homeowner. That said, I've met alot of "professional operators" who couldn't operate their way out of a wet paper bag...so yes, a homeowner can be better than a "professional" in many cases. ;)

-Phillip